118 + 119 possible?

sprprsnmn

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 18, 2006
Currently, I've got a hybrid setup with EA + 119 (HD locals are on 119, I have no LOS to 129 from anywhere on my property b/c of trees in neighbors yards).

I'm having some overseas family come into town for an extended stay, and was wondering if there was a way to add a 118 LNB to my current 119 rig so that I could add some of the foreign programming to my current programming package. Since they'll be here for a while I figure they'd want to have something to watch on TV.

Yes, but there are a couple of problems.

1) 118 is an FSS satellite that requires a 500+ dish; it's that feeble. On the plus side, you can get 119 also via a hybrid DishPro LNB with two outputs.

2) If you need to keep 119, you will require a DPP44 switch. But that only has 4 inputs so you would either need to unplug something such as 77, or else set up a 5-sat system. Ugh.

Yes, but there are a couple of problems.

1) 118 is an FSS satellite that requires a 500+ dish; it's that feeble. On the plus side, you can get 119 also via a hybrid DishPro LNB with two outputs.

2) If you need to keep 119, you will require a DPP44 switch. But that only has 4 inputs so you would either need to unplug something such as 77, or else set up a 5-sat system. Ugh.
Since his locals are on 119, then he has no need for 77 as it's locals only.