118.7/61.5/129 etc

rr7296

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 17, 2005
Okay, help me understand all this.....first off when STO in HD became available I had to have someone come out to change my 61.5 satellite to 129 in order to get STO in HD, now about 10 months later in order to get my locals in HD I will have to have someone come out and add another dish for 61.5 which I used to receive? And why did the guy who installed my stuff then pointed the dish500+ to 118.7 telling me that all future HD locals in this area are being put on that satellite. I'm getting tired of having someone come out all the time to change things around.Whew!! hope that made a little sense. Oh, my current set-up is Dish 500+ with I believe 110/119/118.7 and a dish 300 pointed at 129.

I'm assuming that you are in Ohio? If that is the case, why don't you install the bracket and LNBF to turn your 500+ into a 1000+ for the reception of 129, then repoint your 300 to the 61.5 slot???
I know...it's a 5 satellite solution, but is do-able if you're willing to go through the process.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...h-500-dish-1000-plus-5or-6-sat-locations.html

I receive, as far as I know, nothing on the 118 sat, so if i switch the 129 back to 61.5 will I then lose sto in hd? or are they planning on putting it on 61.5 since the locals are supposedly going to be there???

All HD except for RSN's (Which is what STO is) are mirrored at 61.5 and 129. There is no national HD on 118. Just several HD LIL markets. What locals are you attempting to recieve? I think we need to to know a little more information to help you further.

All HD except for RSN's (Which is what STO is) are mirrored at 61.5 and 129. There is no national HD on 118. Just several HD LIL markets. What locals are you attempting to recieve? I think we need to to know a little more information to help you further.

I want to be able to receive Cleveland HD Locals when available and from reading here it appears as though that is where they may be(61.5)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)