118.7 v 61.5 - dish wants me to repoint

ahanif

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 4, 2004
Hi - I have the top 100 pack + HD + the Pakistan Mega Pack out in central calif.

Previously I was getting my pakistan channels from 148.

Now a new channel in the pakistan mega pak is only on 61.5 or 118.7.

They're sending out someone to repoint to 118.7 because the operator told me that is where all internations will move someday.

Are there any reasons not to point to 118.7 and just ask for 61.5 instead? We used to use 61.5 for int'ls before we started subscribing to HD.

Hi - I have the top 100 pack + HD + the Pakistan Mega Pack out in central calif.

Previously I was getting my pakistan channels from 148.

Now a new channel in the pakistan mega pak is only on 61.5 or 118.7.

They're sending out someone to repoint to 118.7 because the operator told me that is where all internations will move someday.

Are there any reasons not to point to 118.7 and just ask for 61.5 instead? We used to use 61.5 for int'ls before we started subscribing to HD.

Ahanif,

61.5 will be part of Dish new plan called Eastern Arc. Under this new plan Dish is to launch an all MPEG4 service with 77 and possibly another Orbital slot in the third or 4 quarter of this year. This will force Dish to move ALL International channels away from 61.5.

In early March AMC14 will launch to 61.5. Once tested it will not be long until all International channels disappear from 61.5 completely, so Dish can turn on the Spotbeams on E12 to ramp up a bunch of Local into Local HD markets as well as a have alot of space for more National HD Additions.

John

don't worry too much, i had my dish also repointed to 118 and that's where they are moving the international channels and it suppose to have GEO NEWS and AAG channel which aren't on the 61.5.

Great info - thanks guys, I was just nervous b/c I didn't want to get pointed to some random dish or an experimental superdish type of stuff - sounds like this is the way forward... thx

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)