118 from sd121

inwo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 16, 2005
SE MN.
Couldn't find anything with a quik search. I don't get on here much.

Does anyone else use a type 1 sd121 for reception of 118?
Without the kit of course.

Seems like a good tech tip, but may be nothing new.

What I do is just use the 121 fss lnb on the 119 circular feed.

The other lnb is for 129.
The extra slot covered with bubble wrap is for 110.

If you have a 121 dish. Does not require repoint. Just lnb swap. No 119 of course.

Attachments

• MVC-019F.JPG
    MVC-019F.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 231
  • MVC-018F.JPG
    MVC-018F.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 193
Couldn't find anything with a quik search. I don't get on here much.

Does anyone else use a type 1 sd121 for reception of 118?
Without the kit of course.

Seems like a good tech tip, but may be nothing new.
on eof our techs di soemthing the other day. But it required the 118/119 combo..That is the only way to receive the 118 signal BTW...
He di dnot have repoint kit so he took the combo and drilled hols in the 11 SAD arm and ran self tapping screws to hold the 118/119 combo in place. Worked like a charm. Is this what you wanted to do? Or are you trying to receive the 118 with the LNB array that came with the 121 SD?...If so, you won't able to unless someone on here performed a miracle.
OK after following this thread , I see there are indeed miracles......

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...t-strikes-again-poor-mans-dish500-1000-a.html
Read the part here about how to modify the FSS 105 LNBF for circular polarity, same technique should work for the FSS 121, plus you might get lucky and still get 119 and 110 (with slight reduction of signal) after the repoint. Basically involves stuffing a piece of plastic in the throat of the LNBF at a 45 degree angle.

Not that I lack appreciation for the creativity and improvization, but why would you do this when you can just use a repoint kit, that you'll be getting scheduled for anyway if you subscribe to 121 services? :confused:

Repoint kit wasn't available back then. Plus I had the parts available. And I don't actually subscribe to anything on 121 or 118, just wanted to see if it could be done.

What I do is just use the 121 fss lnb on the 119 circular feed.

The other lnb is for 129.
The extra slot covered with bubble wrap is for 110.

If you have a 121 dish. Does not require repoint. Just lnb swap. No 119 of course.

Will the 119 still work after the swap? What about all the channels on 121, are they on 118?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)