119 problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Jopler

Original poster
Apr 23, 2004
This is going to seem stupid, because I have no idea what I am doing.
I have a 2500 reciever with single LNB dish. We are able to point to 110 get good signal and lock onto the satelite, therefore we are able to view the PPV and so on. When we point the dish to the 119 satellite we are able to get good signal (90%), but the reciever does no lock onto the satelite and we cant watch the channels. Please let me know what to do.

You should be able to lock on to the 119. If the recvr doesnt lock, try another recvr. If it can lock, your recvr might be bad. I have heard of instances were recvrs have a difficult time locking on to certain satellites. More so, on older recvrs. I would start by trying a different recvr to see if it has difficulty lockin onto 119. See what you find out. Good Luck!
-Freya1

So there isnt anything special you have to do in the menu options that you have to change (except 6-1-1 menu)?

Don't be so alarmed from Freya1 post! It's much more likely you are simply pointing the dish300 at the wrong satellite instead of having a bad receiver. If you point at a DirecTV satellite you will get a signal but it will not lock. Also if you have the signal meter set at 119 and your still pointed at 110 it will give you a good strength but will not lock. You need the meter to be set to the orbital position (119 or 110) that you are trying to get a signal for.

I would suggest to point the dish back at 110 and when it is locked (change the orbital designation to 119 on the signal strength meter) then just start moving the dish slowly towards the west until you get a locked signal for 119. I would highly recommend you get a Dish500 off of eBay or somewhere cheap so you can view all programming on the dish instead of pointing the dish here and there.

Adjust your skew and when you are aiming at 119 ensure that there are no obstructions and that you are using channel 11 to accurately read your signal strength. Check your coax connectors, in case one of them is loose which may break contact when aiming at the 119 vs. 110

boy921 said:
Adjust your skew and when you are aiming at 119 ensure that there are no obstructions and that you are using channel 11 to accurately read your signal strength. Check your coax connectors, in case one of them is loose which may break contact when aiming at the 119 vs. 110
There is no skew setting on Dish300 dishes. The original poster has a Dish300 NOT a Dish500 dish. Note he mentions a "SINGLE LNBF" dish (there are no single LNBF Dish500's).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)