119 still driving me crazy.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

igator99

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 16, 2006
I've chopped and pruned so much but I still can't hit 119. I've concentrated on a a couple of pines but I'm starting to think it is an oak tree. In these pictures you will see my view, setup and where I hit 119 in my backyard. I placed a piece of concrete you will see in front of the oak tree which is where I hit 119. I could prune that sucker down a lot without calling in a tree pro which I really can't afford now. My question is if you guys think it is the oak tree or that freakish pine tree top growth sticking out? I would appreciate all input.:up

Attachments

• location in backyard where I hit 119.JPG
    location in backyard where I hit 119.JPG
    234.1 KB · Views: 198
  • Oaktree behind where I hit 119 in backyard..JPG
    Oaktree behind where I hit 119 in backyard..JPG
    225 KB · Views: 199
  • Slimline setup.JPG
    Slimline setup.JPG
    300.5 KB · Views: 186
  • View behind the dish.JPG
    View behind the dish.JPG
    242.9 KB · Views: 177
  • View infront of dish.JPG
    View infront of dish.JPG
    212.9 KB · Views: 197
Thats a tight hole. I was thinking its actually the trees just to the top right of the dish picture number 4. Its not the stray limb, its that lower cluster on the right.

I'd say you're lucky to get the other birds off of that LOS.

Yea I know. But I do get 101, 103, 110 at 90 plus signal. Do you think it is that pine tree top poking up out of the line or the oak tree?

You get those because they are really high on horizon where your hole is. 119 is really low and I think it might be more then the pine poking out. Thats why digiblur said be lucky you got everything else.

Yea I know. But I do get 101, 103, 110 at 90 plus signal. Do you think it is that pine tree top poking up out of the line or the oak tree?

It's definitely the pine tree on the right. It's hard to know which part though. The 101 area is easy to get in this area with an elevation of 52 or so. 119 is around 42 and is usually easy to get except in your situation.

Might be time to buy a satellite sighting inclinometer and get down to the bottom of what is blocking it exactly.

Thats a tight hole. I was thinking its actually the trees just to the top right of the dish picture number 4. Its not the stray limb, its that lower cluster on the right.

Thanks I'll try hacking away on it.:)

From what I can see they appear to be thin. I got massive ones that were monsters to come down.

Any advice on getting that high up? I bought a rope saw and founded useless. Don't laugh but I have a pruning blade tool that I shoved one of those radio shack telescoping antenna poles which has worked well but not for those high up branches. I'm think of buy five and with some duck tape and hose clamps get up there and trim.:D

How big is your lot? Wanna cut the tree? :D

Where ya live, maybe I can help! :up

I live in Mandeville. I just sent you a PM. If you or you know of someone that does this kind of thing for a reasonable amount I would greatly appreciate it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)