119 Transponder 11 not working?

drmatsci

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
Ridgecrest, CA
I was hoping to hear or read others were having issues but only see one 119 thread.

Starting sometime last week or this weekend (we were gone) we stopped being able to get anything on 119 transponder 11. I know that includes ESPN2, an HBO channel and a few others. I get no signal at all for those, but other 119 channels work fine.

Any ideas why this would be the case? I thought for sure this was a dish issue since we can obviously see the Sat if we are getting other 119 channels but I read of no issue. Any ideas?

I did that yesterday as well as rebooting the DVR and it didn't work.
checkswitch shows 4 green boxes, so to speak.

the only thing I am thinking "may" be possible is that my DVR hasn't gotten an update in quite awhile. No phone or internet line near it.

Updates don't come down the phone or internet. They come from the satellite signal. The phone line/internet connection is only used to report PPV's, receiver health, etc.

What signals do you have on other transponders on 119?

I'll have to look later when I get home - you think maybe they are all a bit weak and that one is just too weak? I doibt a tree grew suddenly in a four day span but maybe a wind gust did something bad??

Give me some trasponder #'s and I'll check signal strength at lunch.

I'll have to look later when I get home - you think maybe they are all a bit weak and that one is just too weak? I doibt a tree grew suddenly in a four day span but maybe a wind gust did something bad??

Give me some trasponder #'s and I'll check signal strength at lunch.

Anything from transponder 6 and up. It's a brand new bird up there and very strong as long as you are in the states.

Ok, here is what I did - I went through the transpoders that follow on 119. After I ran a check switch, took awhile, but seemed ok and 4 green boxes but still nothing for 11.

6 - 42
7 - 0
8 - 34
9 - 0
10 -32
11-0
12-44
13-0
14-32
15-0
16-43
17-0
18-41
19-0
20-41

I do find it odd that all the odd transponders are zero.

New LNB

Ok, here is what I did - I went through the transpoders that follow on 119. After I ran a check switch, took awhile, but seemed ok and 4 green boxes but still nothing for 11.

6 - 42
7 - 0
8 - 34
9 - 0
10 -32
11-0
12-44
13-0
14-32
15-0
16-43
17-0
18-41
19-0
20-41

I do find it odd that all the odd transponders are zero.

You are going to need a new LNB. Half of it is now dead.

Good to know I don't need to cut down my neighbors tree or house.
Can I assume Dish will pay? I do have a protection plan and its causing a service interuption....

guess I need to call and set up an appointment. Good news is that I think all our HD is intact. :-D

They tech guy wouldn't help me because I wasn't in front of the TV... have to call them back tonight, no biggy, though he said a tech visit even w/ protection plan will cost "he thinks" $15 and I "may" be required to pay for the new LNBF. What's a LNBF cost? How can they charge you for an item you need to be able to watch channels you pay for?

Seems like if I refuse to pay, I can then say they are charging me for channels I don't get, which must be illegal.

You shouldn't be charged for the new LNB. You probably will be charged $15 for the service call. The signal strength on your even transponders is also low

Good to know I don't need to cut down my neighbors tree or house.
Can I assume Dish will pay? I do have a protection plan and its causing a service interuption....

guess I need to call and set up an appointment. Good news is that I think all our HD is intact. :-D

I think it will cost 15 since you have DHPP.