12/14/2011 6:32pm - Uplink Activity Report - 159 changes

it would be the channel closest to that so it shows in the guide
I know above someone in Traverse City, MI said theirs is on 8 and the local in question is on 9

looking at yours I would say its the CW 46
SatelliteGuys.US_TheList - Dish Network Charlotte, NC

Ahh good info Iceberg.Those weird channel numbers threw me off.I would bet your right on it being WJZY 46.Gonna flip over and see if there are any crawls about a dispute.

I wonder why WMUM,Macon Ga is showing in my guide?Shouldn't it be hidden?

Ahh good info Iceberg.Those weird channel numbers threw me off.I would bet your right on it being WJZY 46.Gonna flip over and see if there are any crawls about a dispute.

nothing on their site or spacebook
The fact its showing as (na) means that it might happen and DIsh is getting it ready.
Be happy you're not in a market like Gainsville. Both their CBS & NBC are owned by same folks (well one is run by them) so they may lose both

This happens around this time of year. Contracts come up. Down the road from me the one cable company might lose almost their locals plus some others
HickoryTech warns subscribers channel choices may be affected by negotiations » Latest news » The Free Press, Mankato, MN
The channels involved are VERSUS, Fox News, Fox Sports Net North, Nat Geo Wild, Univision, WCCO, KMSP, KARE, WFTC, KEYC-DT2, KEYC and WUCW.
so thats CBS, FOX, NBC from MInneapolis (neighboring market), the actual locals in the market (Fox subchannel and CBS) and CW

I wonder why WMUM,Macon Ga is showing in my guide?Shouldn't it be hidden?
GPB is one of those that any address in Georgia gets regardless of the DMA. I looked at Charlotte DMA doesnt go into Georgia so yeah that shouldn't be there (if it went into one county in GA then that county would get it but not addresses outside of it)

Untelling how long WMUM has been there as we never watch the locals in that range,so used to map down channels.Discovered it when I was looking for 6464.Its in red but still should be hidden as I understand it.So far I haven't seen any crawls on wjzy but as you said they are probably just getting ready.

Hate to hear that about cable customers possibly losing 3 major nets!I really wish these contracts would get signed long term.Seems like its every 2 to 3 years its tine to renew again.Everyone too greedy I suppose to commit to a ten or 15 year contract.

Hate to hear that about cable customers possibly losing 3 major nets!I really wish these contracts would get signed long term.

my uncle has a podunk cable company and they said they'll probably lose CW, My, NBC, Fox and FSN North on 1/1. They have 2 NBC's (Minneapolis and Fargo) so he'd still have NBC Fargo but the others have no backup.
I keep telling him to switch to satellite and after this weekend when he got a new HDTV and found out the cable company carries SEVEN whole channels in HD total (the 4 nets, PBS, ESPN and FSN) him possibly losing more channels might push him to satellite :)

382 next week
412 dont know what the heck it is though...maybe a loop of Charlie saying "If you are a NY sports fan...why do you have Dish???" (after all MSG was at 412)

my uncle has a podunk cable company and they said they'll probably lose CW, My, NBC, Fox and FSN North on 1/1. They have 2 NBC's (Minneapolis and Fargo) so he'd still have NBC Fargo but the others have no backup.
I keep telling him to switch to satellite and after this weekend when he got a new HDTV and found out the cable company carries SEVEN whole channels in HD total (the 4 nets, PBS, ESPN and FSN) him possibly losing more channels might push him to satellite :)

WoW .......7 HD channels?Thats ridiculous..Sure sounds like a good time for your uncle to make the switch.All sorts of new customer deals from either satco.

Maybe just possibly they got a deal worked out with MSG?

WoW .......7 HD channels?Thats ridiculous..Sure sounds like a good time for your uncle to make the switch.All sorts of new customer deals from either satco.
yeah no crap. I was just floored. On the good side he says "ESPN looks fricken awesome" :)
Its one of those telco/internet/cable type monopolies in a small town. When I was staying there a week he has DSL...at a whole 768k download speed ;)

Yeah I sent him a bunch of info on both companies today. I know he has good LOS so either would work. All depends on what he wants to get channel wise (and spend)

Maybe just possibly they got a deal worked out with MSG?
There is also MSG+

Wonder what the Package Change is for Velocity....... becoming one of my more favorite channels btw....

yeah no crap. I was just floored. On the good side he says "ESPN looks fricken awesome" :)
Its one of those telco/internet/cable type monopolies in a small town. When I was staying there a week he has DSL...at a whole 768k download speed ;)

Yeah I sent him a bunch of info on both companies today. I know he has good LOS so either would work. All depends on what he wants to get channel wise (and spend)

There is also MSG+
and MSG2 and MSG2+

What does the 182 in brackets mean? In the other entries, what is inside [] indicates whether it is MPEG4 or MPEG2. I have never seen a 182 in the brackets before.

412 - RSNET [182] added to EchoStar14 119W TP 18 ConUS beam (NA)
412 - RSNET [182] added to Nimiq5 72.7W TP 05 ConUS beam (NA)

Actually they are all numbers, I convert the number of over to MPEG4 HD, SD, etc. If I don't have a conversion for it, then the data type number of the channel is shown instead. Not sure what it is right now.

well since its on CONUS it can usually mean one thing

.....retrans dispute with a local

Yep. That's my take on it when I first saw it. My local CBS station is having a battle with UVerse right now, reminded me that I see this at this time of the year. Only thing that pisses me off is when the channel goes, Dish replaces the guide data so you can't record the OTA version. Pack up the virtual uhaul when that happens!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)