$12.99 Bundle for Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+

Zookster

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 19, 2004
Here and Now
Available at launch and for less than the price of Netflix. Shut up and take my money!

From The Streamable:

On today’s, Third Quarter 2019 Earnings Call Disney CEO Bob Iger announced that when Disney+ launches on November 12th customers will be able to get a bundle of their direct-to-consumer services. The bundle, which will cost $12.99 a month, will includes Disney+ ($6.99), Hulu ($5.99) (ad-supported plan), and ESPN+ ($4.99) — is $5 less than if subscribed to separately. With the new bundle, you can get the three services for less than Netflix.

Disney+ will launch their streaming service on November 12th at just $6.99 a month, nearly half the price of Netflix ($12.99). Starting with the 2019 theatrical slate, all Disney/Pixar/Marvel/Star Wars films will become exclusive to Disney+ meaning movies like the live-action versions of Aladdin, The Lion King, Captain Marvel, and Avengers: Endgame will only be available to stream on Disney+....

That’s a good price point. However if I subscribe, it will likely just be to Disney+, as I already have Hulu and It doesn’t mention the live tv version in the bundle (at any price), and I have little interest in espn + as it stands.

Care nothing for ESPN (+ or normal), also have the commercial free version of Hulu which I much prefer.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

I sub to Hulu for one or two months out of the year (commercial-free) for Handmaid's Tale and a couple of other shows, so I'd give it a shot to see if the commercials are more tolerable (I've heard they've cut them down). It'd be nice if they let you upgrade the bundle to commercial-free Hulu for an additional fee.

I come from a small-market, non Power Five college town, so my home team's games are increasingly being put behind the ESPN+ pay wall.

And half the reason I've been subbing to Netflix is for the Marvel/Star Wars/Pixar movies that aren't worth paying $15/ea. to see in a movie theater.

So yes, the bundle will be a good starting point for me in lieu of my year-round Netflix subscription. And then we'll go from there.

Reactions: Ronnie-
I sub to Hulu for one or two months out of the year (commercial-free) for Handmaid's Tale and a couple of other shows, so I'd give it a shot to see if the commercials are more tolerable (I've heard they've cut them down). It'd be nice if they let you upgrade the bundle to commercial-free Hulu for an additional fee.

I come from a small-market, non Power Five college town, so my home team's games are increasingly being put behind the ESPN+ pay wall.

And half the reason I've been subbing to Netflix is for the Marvel/Star Wars/Pixar movies that aren't worth paying $15/ea. to see in a movie theater.

So yes, the bundle will be a good starting point for me in lieu of my year-round Netflix subscription. And then we'll go from there.
No doubt, for you, this is a great starting point.

Two of the college's I attended , USM and USA will probably have a lot of games in ESPN+, I didn't really think about that. However most of my watching revolves around the SEC in general, so it wouldn't help me much in that regard.

Would be great if you could add unlimited streams and dvr to Hulu base. Will probably subscribe to Disney one month a year. I'd buy Hulu no ads with unlimited screens if available.

This will cause a splash though I'm not convinced that this is necessarily a good thing for the industry if it touches off a firestorm of hopping platforms.

I predict that the price will begin marching up within 3-5 months.

Disney has deep pockets and probably a lot more sense than AT&T has been demonstrating of late so there's likely to be a few casualties.

No doubt, for you, this is a great starting point.

Two of the college's I attended , USM and USA will probably have a lot of games in ESPN+, I didn't really think about that. However most of my watching revolves around the SEC in general, so it wouldn't help me much in that regard.

That is why, if they were smart, they would somehow make the ESPN networks available along with ESPN+ for an additional few dollars.

We seem to be moving towards streaming services such as Vue unneccessary with bundles such as that (if they added ESPN Networks), HBO Max, etc. Once the NFL is streaming, why have a service? At least, for me.

For many, this bundle would be a good value, but I don't have a big interest in Disney movies and the ESPN+ seems like boondoggle to me without the linear ESPN programming/Live sports.

Depending on your interests and sports viewing priorities, ESPN+ is a great value, even without access to the linear channels when you don't have a TV provider login (linear channels are included if you do have TV provider login). Especially when compared to other premium add-ons like Fox Soccer Plus ($15/mo), Sundance Now ($7/mo); Tennis Channel Plus ($8.33/mo - $100/year). In addition to live MLB, NHL, UFC, pro golf, pro tennis, boxing and myriad college sports, it offers on demand access to its various shows from the linear channels and well as exclusive original programming.

Obviously it's not for everyone depending on your needs, but it's an incredible amount of sports programming for only $5. So far from a "boondoggle." And I say that as someone who's miffed that a lot of the live sports that used to be free on ESPN3 are now locked behind the ESPN+ paywall.

Depending on your interests and sports viewing priorities, ESPN+ is a great value, even without access to the linear channels when you don't have a TV provider login (linear channels are included if you do have TV provider login). Especially when compared to other premium add-ons like Fox Soccer Plus ($15/mo), Sundance Now ($7/mo); Tennis Channel Plus ($8.33/mo - $100/year). In addition to live MLB, NHL, UFC, pro golf, pro tennis, boxing and myriad college sports, it offers on demand access to its various shows from the linear channels and well as exclusive original programming.

Obviously it's not for everyone depending on your needs, but it's an incredible amount of sports programming for only $5. So far from a "boondoggle." And I say that as someone who's miffed that a lot of the live sports that used to be free on ESPN3 are now locked behind the ESPN+ paywall.
I'd be behind it if it included the linear channels, even at a higher cost. I'd like a way to get all of the channels without a tether to cable or satellite subscription.

Reactions: buckeyebrian
I wonder how they’ll handle existing Hulu or ESPN+ accounts. Will we be able to use our existing Hulu account to upgrade to the bundle? Or, will we have to create a new account?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)