12 foot Patriot should i ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PANHANDLER

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 8, 2009
Western NY , Fredonia
Sorry the pics wont upload. I will try again later. I was wondering if anyone tried to put a polar mount on this dish. I came across this Bud just by chance. The local cable tv company wants all there buds off the property . At this time I have this one on a trailer and just wondering if I should build a mount or is there something out there I can fit to it . Oh btw there is also 16 foot paneled aluminum bud there also up for grabs.
Dan

I would love to experiment with that 16 foot if I was closer..

If they're giving, go for it. You can always do something else with it later. Of course taking that big one down would be a trick, not to mention erecting it again. Wish the picture had worked, would love to see the one you got. I'm sure you can put it on a polar mount, if you can find one big enough.

Panhandler, Great find and cable/TV stations are a prime place to look for used dishes. If you have any intent to get into C-band you better not think too much about those dishes, just get them. As far as adding an polar mount, it is surely possible but might be difficult. A polar mount could be fabricated from scratch, as long as who ever is making it knows how the geometry works. Have fun; that's what a hobby is all about!

Pan,

Is that the group of cable dishes that are in Cassadaga/Stockton? (Time-Warner) If so, I've looked at those before and they DO look very good for us hobbiests. I'm not too far from there.

?Good luck with your find!

If the cable company needs them gone, then it's your chance to do them a favor and take them all.

Don't forget to take the cables leading to the dishes as well. Probably some very expensive, high performance RG-11.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)