125W Winegard 2076

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gray1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 11, 2005
St. Louis, Missouri
Anyone tried this? Im using an 89E Primestar right now for 125W but I got "this idea". I'm wondering how the PBS stations are coming in?

Thanks

The way they have been lately, I would go larger instead of smaller.

PBS was only marginal with the CM 30 inch dishes I have. Solid with the 84e. BIGGER is BETTER.

I have a Winegard 2076 and on 125W the quality isn't the greatest, bad weather and I usually lose reception on most of the channels there. I'd definitely recommend going with a bigger dish, it's not really all that much more to buy a 90 cm and it'll perform a lot better than the 76 cm.

I used one for years with an Invacom QPH-031 LNBF. Worked good for me on 125W.

Attachments

• IMG_1321.JPG
    IMG_1321.JPG
    261.2 KB · Views: 110
I used one for years with an Invacom QPH-031 LNBF. Worked good for me on 125W.

I know what you mean, I used to get it on a modified DISH 500, but not anymore. They went S2 and then since fall it seems like they lowered the power some. Not sure what they did, I just know it is harder to get than it was a couple of years ago.

125W is okay with the fixed 33" (85cm) Most channels are Q 70 except for Montana which is usually between Q 25-50.

Interesting though Montana will lock with a Q as low as 10.

Interesting though Montana will lock with a Q as low as 10.
2/3 SR probably has something to do with that. (I hardly even have to show Q on NHK @ 58W to watch it. 1/2 SR) Higher SR's require higher Q.
How does it 'go' with heavy clouds/rain/snow with the 80cm? My 30 inch was acceptable when they were DVB-S. Not acceptable now that most are S2.
I know, acceptable is not a firm value, but if it's raining not much to do outside so you'd like something to watch on the 'tube'.

Thanks for the response.. I already have a 2076..actually I had a thought. I could leave the 89E up which is on 125w. and just play with the 2076... The 89E primestar is great for 125w.

Thanks again

Sounds like a good plan to me. I do use my 30 inch dishes, and they do acceptable performance for most of the arc, but not all.

That would be the way I'd go, seeing as how you already have the 76 cm dish. For the rest of the arc mine is pretty good, 125W is about the only troublesome one, when the weather is bad. I plan on eventually setting up a bigger fixed dish for 125W myself.

Hello Gray1..What is an 89E?...I have never seen or heard of one of those!.Did you mean 84E?.If so that is what I have parked here on AMC 21 with a factory skewable mount and never have any issues with any tp`s mentioned in this thread.Now if you have the smaller 75E primestar ( Ch Master ) then I can see a problem with AMC 21.

2/3 SR probably has something to do with that. (I hardly even have to show Q on NHK @ 58W to watch it. 1/2 SR) Higher SR's require higher Q.
How does it 'go' with heavy clouds/rain/snow with the 80cm? My 30 inch was acceptable when they were DVB-S. Not acceptable now that most are S2.
I know, acceptable is not a firm value, but if it's raining not much to do outside so you'd like something to watch on the 'tube'.
Rain/heavy clouds is when Montana drops to Q 10. The other PBS channels also drop in Q some more than others but
are watchable. The scrambled ones are always above Q 70.

The Winegard 2076 is widely considered the best dish in that size class, but I would still recommend a 1 meter dish for those DVB-S2 feeds.

If you can go with a 1.2M dish with a fixed satellite location. I have a 90CM and i hardly get the 125W PBS feeds.

If you can go with a 1.2M dish with a fixed satellite location. I have a 90CM and i hardly get the 125W PBS feeds.
That's what I want to do. 12180 comes in great on my 90cm 3ABN dish. The others are marginal.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys iOS app

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts