Status
Please reply by conversation.

kittyhas1000legs

That's a lot of claws!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Western Slope, CO
I'm most likely (hoping hoping hoping) going to be moving to a south-facing apartment in the next couple of weeks. There isn't much LOS for FTA, but I can definitely get 125W, which is the one my fiancee wants.

I have a 1M Muzak dish with a choice of LNBs. One is the original that came with the dish, single polarity. The other is from a WorldDirect dish with a C120 flange, both polarities, linear, which can connect to the Muzak dish's feed. It looks like all the major PBS channels are all on one polarity. Would it be worth swapping the LNBs to get the PBS feeds on the other polarity? Might there be something not on TheList or Lyngsat that would be worth going for both polarities?

If I do use the single-polarity LNB, what should the smaller dish be aimed at? LOS is from about 113W-129W.

On an unrelated note, what design/picture should my fiancee and I paint on the dish? We're considering the moon.

WOA!!! That’s very cool!
I can really appreciate that because I can’t even do stick figures with fat crayons.

The Muzak 1m dish will work great for PBS on 125.

Exactly why I trudged through the bureaucracy at work to get the dish off the roof at my store. The head of Data Terminal Repair for our state said it'd be scrapped if they saw it on the roof. I figured the 24"x36" dish would be alright, but I don't want to deal with rainfade if I can help it.

Reactions: Dee_Ann
I have that same dish but I’m currently using it to receive Dish Network 110w. I swapped the LNBF for a circular Dish type and it’s really awesome in heavy rain.
I have used it to get FTA with a linear LNBF and it’s really great for that too. I like it because it’s so versatile. I have an identical dish that is a few model numbers older but physically identical that used to be a Primestar dish and I am using it on an HH USALS motor for FTA and it picks up 125 like a champion. I even get the notoriously elusive Montana PBS on it. It picks up EVERYTHING on 125. As long as you have the patience to tweak it, it can do it.

Peter has been turning out some incredible dish artwork. Take a look at some of his projects.
F7XW1FYHJ601N5H.MEDIUM.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

There are too many cool-looking options. Still, for the more technical aspect, I'm thinking I'll use the original LNB for the one polarity with the main PBS channels on it. As far as painting goes, the base coat will probably be my old cans of duplicolor dark grey/black.

Depends on who has the nicer "moon",you or the fiancee :biggrin.

Obviously her.

I asked for suggestions on facebook, and the only non-nerdy one was "boob". Of course, then I'd have to find another 1M or it'd just look goofy.

Apparently I lucked out at my store since I don't see any small dishes at ANY other Walgreens on Google/Bing, just the 2.4M Hughesnet dish.

Get a 36''dish then you can say one dish is slightly bigger than the other. Paint one to like an apple the other like an orange comparing apples to oranges.

Most of the PBS channels are on Vertical polarity but HD04 and HD05 (feed channels for PBS) are Horizontal. I would use the dual polarity on 125W and use the other dish on 121W for Velocity Channel.

I agree with SatPhreak unless you are interested in wildfeeds. 123W will have an occassional ballgame of some sort on it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)