129 stability/signal issues??

Just pulled my numbers and they are very close to yours. Some a few points higher and some a few points lower. The last time I went to the roof to adjust I was surprised to find a gain of about 10 points when I was trying to adjust the elevation up. I didn't think I had actually moved anything but who am I to object to success?

I haven't seen problems either the past few days. Got through Superman Returns recorded on Ma:mad:HD) without issues.

Sure am looking forward to the new sats. When I think about E5 I form a mental image of what Mike did to the Hubble in MST3000 The Movie and dream.

I got through Superman Returns last night on Ma:mad:HD) without issues too (watching it live, not recorded however). I watched Andromeda Strain this morning on UHD and only had one signal loss of about 20 seconds in the 2+ hour movie, which is extraordinary for UHD, as it has been the one channel that has had the worst drop-out rate for me since they put it up.

I agree about looking forward to the new sats. 129 has been a nightmare since they repointed it (oh, excuse me...I must be wrong as the CSR I talked with 3+ weeks ago told me that they didn't repoint that sat and that my dish had to misaligned very badly and that no, the 1000.2 doesn't exist, etc, etc...)

What did Mike do to the Hubble? Never saw that movie...

129 - Partly Cloudy skies - 10 Minute Fluctuation

TP 6:20PM 6:30PM

01 58 83
02 51 63
04 79 88
05 48 84
06 71 58
07 50 63
08 57 80
09 64 83
10 82 62
11 76 52
12 56 82
13 82 85
16 85 74
17 55 80
18 00 53
21 54 78
22 00 78
23 42 81
27 32 83
30 Red Not Locked 52 84
31 59 94
32 57 78

Sat 129 really gets annoying when it rains. What is wrong with Dish Network? Why are they allowing their HD package to be unviewable at times when they're charging $20?

Don't they have another satellite they can use?

This just seems so ridiculous...

Because the majority of the country doesn't have these issues. It's mainly the west coast that has the severe problems with 129 due to the fact that E* repointed the sat a few months after putting HD...then the sat fell apart (mechanically) and it's a problem ever since.

They're launching new sats later this year however.

long_time_DNC; said:
I got through Superman Returns last night on Ma:mad:HD) without issues too (watching it live, not recorded however). I watched Andromeda Strain this morning on UHD and only had one signal loss of about 20 seconds in the 2+ hour movie, which is extraordinary for UHD, as it has been the one channel that has had the worst drop-out rate for me since they put it up.

I agree about looking forward to the new sats. 129 has been a nightmare since they repointed it (oh, excuse me...I must be wrong as the CSR I talked with 3+ weeks ago told me that they didn't repoint that sat and that my dish had to misaligned very badly and that no, the 1000.2 doesn't exist, etc, etc...)

What did Mike do to the Hubble? Never saw that movie...

I watched a recording of SG Atlantis recorded on UHD without any glitches. :)

MST3000 the Movie is one of my favorites of all time. It's very difficult to obtain a DVD copy for region 1 but you can find region 2 copies on Ebay. My OPPO's ability to play multi-region is one of the main reasons I've kept it.

In one of the skits, after Mike brags that he knows how to fly, Crowe and Tom Servo egg him on to fly the Satellite of Love. First thing he does is ram the Hubble. Then he gets the bright idea to use the ships extender arm to free it. Problem is he starts to sweat while using the virtual reality machine. He wipes his forehead with his sleeve and tears a gapping hole in the skin of the Hubble. When gently released the Hubble floats in orbit for a few seconds and then falls like a rock to Earth. As Mike and company watch the red glow off the window signals the Huble's fate.

I watched a recording of SG Atlantis recorded on UHD without any glitches. :)

MST3000 the Movie is one of my favorites of all time. It's very difficult to obtain a DVD copy for region 1 but you can find region 2 copies on Ebay. My OPPO's ability to play multi-region is one of the main reasons I've kept it.

In one of the skits, after Mike brags that he knows how to fly, Crowe and Tom Servo egg him on to fly the Satellite of Love. First thing he does is ram the Hubble. Then he gets the bright idea to use the ships extender arm to free it. Problem is he starts to sweat while using the virtual reality machine. He wipes his forehead with his sleeve and tears a gapping hole in the skin of the Hubble. When gently released the Hubble floats in orbit for a few seconds and then falls like a rock to Earth. As Mike and company watch the red glow off the window signals the Huble's fate.

I watched last night's SGA recording today from UHD and not a glitch in sight. That was really nice! :)

That MST3K skit sounds great! E5 needs to meet that kind of fate after the new sats go up and are functioning.

long_time_DNC; said:
I watched last night's SGA recording today from UHD and not a glitch in sight. That was really nice! :)

That MST3K skit sounds great! E5 needs to meet that kind of fate after the new sats go up and are functioning.

Did a check on Amazon and there are region 1 copies available. Pricey ($90) but that beats what was being asked ($200) the last time I checked. The region 2 copy that I found on ebay was $40. Lots of good stuff on that. Can't watch THIS ISLAND EARTH with a straight face anymore.

When E5 meets it's fate I sure hope it's visable. I'd love to see that show!

....They're launching new sats later this year however.

I can't wait because 129 is extra annoying lately. I'm hoping the new satellite will take everything from 129, including the HD locals. It is now often annoying to watch Monsters or even HGTV HD/Natl. Geo blink out. It makes for a nice HD demonstration for friends that either Don't have HD OR have Comcast HD. OK, and fix the OTA firmware problem too. :mad: Or shall I brave the Moto DVR again?:eek: What choices !!! :D Oh, pray for a nice summer. ;)

Thanks, cebbigh.

I'm in the midwest just north of Chicago and I occasionally have issues with the VOOM channels... That signal issue pop up is the most annoying thing ever. The channels tend to work most of the time but it's still annoying. I want the same reliability I get from the SD channels. No signal issues with them at all. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)