129 transponder 6

Cville

Original poster
Jan 19, 2006
I was Trying to watch the big ten network HD channel 439 this past week end and could not get a signal. It appears to be on 129 transponder 6.

I get zero signal. I get about 49% signal on 129 transponder 19

No obstructions to the dish

I have had some other HD channels drop out.

Can someone give an explanation of what is happening. Is this just a simple re-alignment needed for the dish?

I think I have a dish 1000+ I get 4 sats 110 118 119 and 129 1so that I can have my local HD's

On the info page I have had a red x under the 129 saying I have had signal loss. Sometimes it is green.

Thanks
Tony

I was Trying to watch the big ten network HD channel 439 this past week end and could not get a signal. It appears to be on 129 transponder 6.

I get zero signal. I get about 49% signal on 129 transponder 19

No obstructions to the dish

I have had some other HD channels drop out.

Can someone give an explanation of what is happening. Is this just a simple re-alignment needed for the dish?

I think I have a dish 1000+ I get 4 sats 110 118 119 and 129 1so that I can have my local HD's

On the info page I have had a red x under the 129 saying I have had signal loss. Sometimes it is green.

Thanks
Tony

What happens when you run check switch? Does it come back?

TP6 on 129 is one of the lowest one I had. Some genius at Dish Network decided to put TBS HD on TP6 and we see a lot of pixelation and drop outs. Thank god I have 61.5 and I just disconnected 129.

When I run a check switch all shows good but I still can not get the big ten HD channel

Thats probably correct it shows up as the 439 hd right next to the 439 standard defenition

OK, on TP 6 do you get any kind of signal or nothing at all. I'm suspecting a cable problem if there is no signal at all. What do you get on TP 2 for both 119 and 110?

TBS HD tp6

So much for TBSHD and the play-offs. Signal loss 4-5 times an hour. Out 1-5 minutes each time. Sometimes the audio would come back but no picture. I had to keep flipping between the SD version on 139 and back. Resetting brought the picture back on the occasions when is was just radio.

The last DISH techie that was here told me the only solution was Directv, until DISH decides to replace that hunk of junk 129 satellite.

The last DISH techie that was here told me the only solution was Directv, until DISH decides to replace that hunk of junk 129 satellite.
That's bull... but up in Washington, you really need a 30-inch Dish on 129 for a reliable signal... several of us have done that on our own, but if you get a Tech Support CSR, you should be able to convince them to send you a Dish Network 30-inch dish, since you cannot get 61.5 at all and cannot get 129 with smaller dishes.

That's bull... but up in Washington, you really need a 30-inch Dish on 129 for a reliable signal... several of us have done that on our own, but if you get a Tech Support CSR, you should be able to convince them to send you a Dish Network 30-inch dish, since you cannot get 61.5 at all and cannot get 129 with smaller dishes.
I'm still living with 129 vs 119 problems. Tell me: Can you get just the 30" dish and move the LNBs, mounts and other hardware from the small one to the big one. And what does this cost?

I like the single dish solution but if the 30" is too expensive I've got a very old single LNB dish I could just buy a dp LNB for and as I think you said, plug that cable into my 1k.2. where the 129 LNB was. Right?

You will need a DP Dual LNB for the 30'' dish. You can run a cable into the LNB in port on the 1000.2 dish but you need to cover the eye for 129 when you run check switch.

If you run it to a DPP44 switch then there is no need to cover the 129 eye on the 1000.2 dish.

This thread is exactly the reason why I think the folks saying E* has room for 20+ HD channels without launching new satellite are wrong.

There is clearly not enough power to run their existing transponders in 8PSK and maintain reliable service. I think Dish engineering is capable of mitigating these issues and maintaing the existing levels of service, but to do so they'd have to concede the HD p*ssing match with DirecTV. But, honestly, what good is "70" HD channels if nobody can see them for more than 5 minutes without pixelation and breakups.

You will need a DP Dual LNB for the 30'' dish.
I'm confused. Did you mean the separate 129 dish (small in this case)needs a dual DP LNB?

If I got a 30" dish I thought that it would hold the three head LNB rig and be used for everything.

The rest of what you said, I get perfectly (covering 129, etc)

You will need a DP Dual LNB for the 30'' dish. You can run a cable into the LNB in port on the 1000.2 dish but you need to cover the eye for 129 when you run check switch.

If you run it to a DPP44 switch then there is no need to cover the 129 eye on the 1000.2 dish.

so is it possible to to use the 1000.2 triple LNB on a 30" dish (1000+ dish) with a DPP44, and pick up 110, 119 and 129? if so, anything special required?

I'm confused. Did you mean the separate 129 dish (small in this case)needs a dual DP LNB?

If I got a 30" dish I thought that it would hold the three head LNB rig and be used for everything.

I'm referring to a separate 30-inch dish for 129 only.

I use one and never lose signal on 129 programming.

If you search the site, you'll find some other people in the NW have installed 30-inch dishes. In other parts of the country, a 24-inch dish should be sufficient. Winegard makes excellent 24-inch and 30-inch dishes and in fact they sell them to Dish who puts the Dish logo on them.

OK, on TP 6 do you get any kind of signal or nothing at all. I'm suspecting a cable problem if there is no signal at all. What do you get on TP 2 for both 119 and 110?

I just got home and have chance to reply to this

129 tp6 signal 0

119 tp2 signal 94
110 tp2 signal 100

In your signature you say you have 2 211s. Can you swap receivers and see if you can get any signal on TP 6? If you get no signal on both we have a problem with cable or the LNB. I would call Dish Network and tell them that there is no signal on TP 6. If it's a recent install, they should take care of it.

It is the same on both units I think the install is less than 12 months

Dish was going to be my next call. Just wanted to see if there was something I could try before calling.

Thanks for your help

Tony

The DP Dual is for the 30'' dish. The triple lnb for the 1000.2 only fits in the the 1000.2 dish.

It is the same on both units I think the install is less than 12 months

Dish was going to be my next call. Just wanted to see if there was something I could try before calling.

Thanks for your help

Tony

Good call. Just one more thing, is there anything blocking the dish. Maybe a branch or something is partially blocking the signal.

I had a similar issue 2 months ago

Mine was backwards though. SD channels in a certain range dropping and HD's just fine. Looked at the setup and signal strengths were off the charts like everything should have been awesome. Turned out to be a bad LNB. When they swapped it and re-aligned the disk, my sig strength was around high 80's low 90's. It's been good ever since.

Tony, when I saw that you have one signal pushing 100, I'm thinkin' bad LNB.

My 2c

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts