SOLD!! 12AX7A TUBES $25, OR 10 FOR $200

(((Garyd)))

Retired C-Band dealer
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 4, 2007
diamondsatellite@snet.net
SINGLETUBEBLOWUPPIC.JPG

These tubes are the last of their kind, when they're GONE, only the people I sold them to will have them:

They were specially made for the US Navy to hunt down subs in the 60s they were dropped from 500 feet to 5,000 feet, with 80 g shock, then they sunk down about 10 feet propped up the hydrophones were ejected the lead weight fell out and a dye maker was released. Salt water came in and made the special batteries active, they were made to take a depth charge to go off 50 feet away, basically their brick sh*t houses in the 12AX7 WORLD. Google Sonobuoys

I was a young tech then, and we lost the contract for one reason when we converted them to a transistor model, we could not get the second harmonic in the RF stage down to meet the Navy specs sad, we closed up, and I took the tubes, to add to my huge tube collection. I'm now 76 and can use the cash, before I become worm food, bring your own tube checker don't trust mine, 10 for $200 under that's $25 each. The price is firm.Or trade for services, let me know what you can offer never know? I fully expect to see them on ebay for double that price, if not more, never had one come back yet.
Gary Diamond

Attachments

• MORE TUBES.JPG
    MORE TUBES.JPG
    140.8 KB · Views: 137
Well my supply of 12AX7 and 12AX7A tubes is getting low the 12AX7A will run on 6-volt heaters if you are not sure send me the model number of your amp, if in doubt go with the !2AX7A it will work in all cases since the filament is center tapped I expect they all will be gone by spring time