13 yr customer and they won't lease me another receiver (only have 2)

jcrash

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 26, 2003
Tulsa
Wah? So, I upgraded the bedroom TV's receiver in July to a 621. Now, I am ready to get one for the gameroom (no receiver up there right now), and they won't lease me another one?

That just doesn't make sense to me. No way do I buy one when I pay the same fees either way.

You should be able to get a third receiver. They upped the limit not too long ago.

There ain't no such bird as a 621. Knowing the correct model number may help someone find an answer for you.

612, whatever. I never even got around to discussing which receiver, they just said no...thanks for being such a great customer, but we cannot lease you another receiver at this time.

Thats a good deal.:)
But still can be found cheaper if you do some poking around.

Best part, only $20 more then leasing a D* H-2* that requires a 24 month commitment.

Ebay has some good deals right now.
Check this out,
http://cgi.ebay.com/DISHNETWORK-VIP...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3efe7f11b8

http://cgi.ebay.com/DISH-NETWORK-Vi...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4839fe3b3e

How many can you have on 1 dish? My switch already looks like a nightmare of cables and I thinking of adding 2 more someday. Or maybe one Dual for the 2 rooms like a 622 or whatever is the current model. You can tell by my sig what I have. And they have 2 lines going to the 622.

Question from a dummy. If I buy one of these 722's is it a staight plug in? Or do I have to reposition thae dish? I have 3 dishes for three different receivers. Will Dish send someone out? How much will they charge?
Thats a good deal.:)
But still can be found cheaper if you do some poking around.

Best part, only $20 more then leasing a D* H-2* that requires a 24 month commitment.

Ebay has some good deals right now.
Check this out,
http://cgi.ebay.com/DISHNETWORK-VIP...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3efe7f11b8

http://cgi.ebay.com/DISH-NETWORK-Vi...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4839fe3b3e

You can have 12 drops off of one Dish. Each drop could feed a dual tuner receiver. It depends on what switches are used.

Question from a dummy. If I buy one of these 722's is it a staight plug in? Or do I have to reposition thae dish? I have 3 dishes for three different receivers. Will Dish send someone out? How much will they charge?
Depends on your setup. Which you didn't state.
Sure Dish will come out , I think its $95 minimum.

But just so were on the same page, you don't buy equipment off Ebay, If you haven't got a clue on how to hook it up yourself.
Buy it from Dish Network then , and they will install it for free, But your not going to pay prices like Ebay or the Dish Store offeres. I can assure you that.
Dish Charges $249 not installed $299 installed for a 211k.

Wah? So, I upgraded the bedroom TV's receiver in July to a 621. Now, I am ready to get one for the gameroom (no receiver up there right now), and they won't lease me another one?

That just doesn't make sense to me. No way do I buy one when I pay the same fees either way.

This is one of two reasons I dumped Dish Network a few years ago. I wanted to upgrade my two DVR's when my contract expired. I was willing to pay for them and they said NO. I returned to Cable for a short time before going to Directv. as suggested above email the CEO and you will get a call and email. I can almost bet if you say you are looking to leave for Directv they will give you what you want.

Cahusker,
I'm still new at this (be 1 yr with E* on 6/1/10). May I ask why you have 3 different dishes for 3 different receivers? I'm just really interested.
Thanks,
Ghpr13:)

It really pays to come here first before bumbling your way into a corner like this. I can't tell you how much money I have saved, and trouble averted, because of Satelligeguys! Example: I knew about the 1-upgrade/year rule ahead of my potential upgrades. So when I went HD in my MBR, and knowing my adult daughter was going to want the same thing, I upgraded two SD receivers simultaneously. I went with 2 612 receivers, shipped and not installed, for $25 apiece. ;)

That said, I'm sorry you ran into Dish's stupid rules. Those Ebay prices sure look pretty good too, for those of us who are commitment-averse and want to do the install ourselves.

Cahusker,
I'm still new at this (be 1 yr with E* on 6/1/10). May I ask why you have 3 different dishes for 3 different receivers? I'm just really interested.
Thanks,

The only reason I can see for 3 dishes is if there are severe line of site issues and one spot cannot see all three satellites at once. If you have line of site to each satellite in a different location you can put in 3 single satellite dishes and run them to a switch. The switch can then be combined with 2 more switches for up to 12 receivers.

Also Alaska, HI, and PR customers tend to have to use large single dishes for each satellite since the signal is weaker.

Cahusker,
Thanks,
I am not sure why. When we upgraded to HD the installer said he had to do that. I thought he said it was because the signal would be too degraded. I don't like it. I wish I had just one. We have a total of 4 receivers, 2 of which are dual tuners and 1 of them is an HD receiver. This all is going to a total of 6 tv's.

I am not sure why. When we upgraded to HD the installer said he had to do that. I thought he said it was because the signal would be too degraded. I don't like it. I wish I had just one. We have a total of 4 receivers, 2 of which are dual tuners and 1 of them is an HD receiver. This all is going to a total of 6 tv's.

Are you surrounded by lots of trees and the antennas are shooting through the gaps? Otherwise one D1000.2 would suffice in Cali.

The only reason I can see for 3 dishes is if there are severe line of site issues and one spot cannot see all three satellites at once. If you have line of site to each satellite in a different location you can put in 3 single satellite dishes and run them to a switch. The switch can then be combined with 2 more switches for up to 12 receivers.

Also Alaska, HI, and PR customers tend to have to use large single dishes for each satellite since the signal is weaker.

mike123abc & cahusker,
Thanks for the replies. That would make sense about the LOS, but I hate to have to explain 3 dishes to the wife...:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts