13v Transponders Sat 101 NOT IN SERVICE

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chilepepper

Original poster
Oct 13, 2005
Reporting from Mexico, in Los Cabos, Mazatlan, as of aprx. 12AM Oct. 13, 2005 all 13v ODD TRANSPONDERS (1, 3, 5, 7, 15, 19, 29, 31, etc) are out of service on DirecTV's main satellite feed @ 101 degrees. This means that approximately half of all of DirecTV's main channels are out of service, including all East Coast Distant Network Channels (ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX from New York) among many others. We will keep you posted of any changes. If you are in an affected area, please post and we can all work together to figure out the problem and look for a solution if any will be available.

DirecTV's new Satellite DirecTV8 may be causing an issue. iThe new DirecTV 8 is for some spot beaming of local channels to their designated areas and to increase the HD lineup coming early next year. DirecTV 8 is not yet in service, and is curretly in transit to the 101 degrees spot (supposedly, but may end up going to 119 but should stay at 101 reports say) and is traveling .28 degrees per day and is currently between 99.5 and 100.5 degrees at present. It is entirely possible that it is currently blocking our sat footprint part of the 13v feed from 101, which is the most likely scenario. If I am right we will see the 13v feed (odd transponders) return within the next 2 days. It is also possible we will get some disruption with our 18v feed (odd transponders), depending on our locations. Either way, anyone and everyone, please keep reporting your status.

Here in Baja Sur we are not getting odd transponders except for 29 which coming in with signal strength in the high 80's. Most even channels coming in stronger than usual. I read above posts, funny it works in OK. Heard rumor that DTV will require 5 foot dish down here from now on.

All my video from those specs are A-OK 100%. It is highly possible that they could have tweaked the footprints as to eliminate or shrink the overlap into non-USA territories.

Reporting from Guatemala, CA. Also lost about 50% of channels since 12am Oct. 13, 2005. Has the Directv 8 satellite been activated? It was supposed to be operational in early fall. Some people here are blaming the problem to the "fall equinox", is this possible?

suchi35,
So far you are the first person in the continental 48 that I have found that is experiencing this so this is a good thing. this is not an equinox issue as when equinox service on some channels is interrupted for a few minutes at a time; not days.

Cabo and Mazatlan Mexico are still experiencing the same issue. I have a 1.8 meter Patriot dish in Cabo and with my BirDog am getting 99% signal strength, but nothing on odd transponders. Have tried to re-aim dish with no luck on signal for 13v... Everyone, please keep posting until we find an answer and or solution.

The Equinox is either of the two times during a year when the sun crosses the celestial equator and when the length of day and night are approximately equal; the vernal equinox or the autumnal equinox.

For the US

Vernal or Spring is around the 3rd week of March
Autumnal or Fall is around the 3rd week of September

chilepepper said:
suchi35,
So far you are the first person in the continental 48 that I have found that is experiencing this so this is a good thing.

Isn't Guatemala, CA : Guatemala, Central America? If so, this is not CONUS.

And why would transponders being dead a "GOOD THING"?

Unfortunately I am suffering the same issues. I think he was hoping that the guatamala mentioned was some place in California, and therefore, the issue would be something other than what he originally thought it was. As of Friday night, I still don't have the east coast networks

CaboGuy said:
Unfortunately I am suffering the same issues. I think he was hoping that the guatamala mentioned was some place in California, and therefore, the issue would be something other than what he originally thought it was. As of Friday night, I still don't have the east coast networks

Nope, it's Guatemala Central America and suchi is right, we have major loss of transponders.

In Guatemala City, so far, gone are 1,3,4,5,7,11,12,15,18,19,20,23,26,27,28 and 31

with marginal signal are
9-42
13-52
17-49

I've been hearing word of a satellite swap, but none of the major industry publications have carried any news, and usually it's well covered. I'm starting to get a feeling we're fuxored down here.

odd transponders on DirecTV 8

Looks like the odd transponders may now be on Directv 8 satellite which has some smarts. I can't find it's footprint yet. I can't post the link since I haven't posted 5 times yet. Search Dogpile for DirecTV 8 odd and you'll see it down a ways.

DirecTV 8

Again, no odd transponders (13v) as of Sunday morning, meaning I am getting only a few NFL channels...

Yes, all of the 13v (odd) transponders are now on DirecTV 8. On my BirDog meter I now have a DTV 101 Ka/Ku band for alignment purposes which I know is for the new 5 LNB dish, but maybe we will need an alternate LNB and dish for the 13v feed from 101 (DirecTV 8) and hence maybe the new multiswitch as well? My BirDog is registering 99%signal quality on sat 101, however in the receiver this is not nearly the case, and of course no 13 v at all (except trx 29 which is probably a false reading for some reason.

Any input anyone?

Transponder 29 is working cannels 80 and 82 HD in Maz, are you still getting a small signal on 9, 13 and17?

the only 13v trandsponder I am getting is #29 with a 74-78% signal.
Many of my 18v transponders arealso lower in quality but not an issue. I am using a 1.8 meter patriot offset antenna in Cabo San Lucas.

any hope

what do we think the long term prognosis? Is there some chance of buying another sat dish to pick up the channels we're now missing?

Dtv Signal

Hello Cabo friend.

Indeed is a sad weekend down here in Mexico City, using a 2.4 meter dish we also lost most of the odd transponders.
When they launched this new satellite we were happy because is the same type and model of the DTV 7S satellite that now has a very good footprint down here, we were wrong.
After the Russian launch the engineers from DTV move this satellite a lot testing the satellite in different locations; finally they move the traffic last Thursday.
No other satellite is blocking the signal like a fellow member wrote before, 1 degree in space equals 1000 kilometers so for example the distance from DTV 1R at 100.8 degrees, (even transponders) to the new DTV 8, (odd transponders) at 100.5 degrees is 300 kilometers about the same distance from Philadelphia to Washington, DC.
You are getting different reading during the day because the satellite itself is flying in a so call ¨box¨ that’s why during the day we may have a better looking angle and we receive a little more signal.
My friend the signal it is not going to improve, imagine how many tests they did using computer scenarios, they can not make a mistake risking millions of subscribers.
In my point of view this is the final blow to all the grey market paying subscribers they had here,with this situation all my friends that have this service are going to cancel in less than a week and they will switch to Dish Network that has almost double the power down here.
They will loose I guess at least 100.000 users all over Mexico, I know that it’s a very small part of the cake for them but at the end we were paying for the service we had ( in my case),for this past 9 years without using pirate cards.

So long DTV.
:(

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)