13v Transponders Sat 101 NOT IN SERVICE

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Why dose transponder 29 have a signal of over 90. The other 10 even transponders have signals mostly in the 80's and transponder 10 have at time signal of 100. What satellite are they on now, they have never been that high before the 13th. Have a 1.8 meter dish in Maz

Dtv Signal

HI

Modern satellites have many antenas, the DTV 8 satellite is even a Hybrid satellite that will transmit in the KA band spectrum.
The Ka band spectrum is meant to be use for the future locals and HDTV feeds, we will never receive this signal because the footprint is extremely precise it will not go beyond Hermosillo, Sonora.
Also the satellites have many spot beams; they even have an antenna pointed al the Hawaiian Islands, and Alaska.
In conclusion the satellite signal does not travel in a ¨Linear way¨ for example Cancun is farther north than Mexico City almost a degree at 20.59 but they have never been able to receive the DTV signal.
Feel lucky that you have the transponders that you have now.
Also it depends in the transponder frequency and transponder power levels.
:(

Just received a notice from D* that as of 12/01/05 they will no longer pay dealers for sales in Harligen-Brownsville and El Paso DMAs. Is D* trying to improve D* Latino sales by reducing availability of equipment and restricting the signal in Mexico?

Cabo San ucas, Monday morning, still same situation; no 13vtransponders.

DirecTV 8 is still being fine tuned and positioned. We are looking at a 2 week window from today that we will know for sure as to what and how everything is working. To cancel your DirecTV subscription now is premature and may be detrimental. With Dish Network, you need 2 lage dishes in order to bring the singal in for all of the core programming; and dn't forget not being able to get NFL Sunday ticket. People in the Northwest US are having problems with signal quality which DirecTV is working on, which may well bring the footprint closer home to us. Until we actually know the actual footrint of this nw satellite, once ithas been configured and positioned completely, you WILL NOT know for sure how this will play out. I ask that everyone keep posting so we can al have as much info as possible.

DTV 8 Problem

Still no signal on odd transponders here in Guatemala City. We have conducted tests with 1.2, 1.8 and 2.4m antennas. We still pick-up most of the odd transponders with the 2.4m, with lower signal strenghs though. :(

Suchi35 -- please post your signal levels (odd xponders) with the 2.4-m dish.

Definitely not meaning to be rude, but none of that stuff is supposed to be available outside the USA, count yourself lucky for what you can get.

Pepper said:
Definitely not meaning to be rude, but none of that stuff is supposed to be available outside the USA, count yourself lucky for what you can get.

You are absolutely right... but after 8+ years of getting it w/no problems, one tends to get just a LITTLE addicted. Withdrawal, from any addiction, is never pretty.

I'm just hoping a Dave bigwig has a house somewhere nearby and his signal is gone when he gets there. Nothing like that to get things corrected in a hurry! ;)

cheebs said:
You are absolutely right... but after 8+ years of getting it w/no problems, one tends to get just a LITTLE addicted. Withdrawal, from any addiction, is never pretty.

I'm just hoping a Dave bigwig has a house somewhere nearby and his signal is gone when he gets there. Nothing like that to get things corrected in a hurry! ;)

The idea that DirecTV could fine tune their satellites footprint just to the US border is really scary. Losing the signal from Canada would be very tragic.

I have done a little me testing on channels I have lost. They were lost on on or about the 13th of Oct. There are 30 channels that I have documented. they are as follows, 244, 251, 254, 266, 269, 282, 284, 285, 286, 307, 312, 354, 360, 371,372, 373, 388,520, 523, 527, 528, 529, 530, 531, 532, 612, 843. There are a few more, but these are the ones I watch. The transponders on sat 101 that have no signal are, 3, 4, 7, 11, 12, 15, 18, 19, 20, 23, 26, 27, 27, and 31. I have two systems, tests on both are identical.
I am located in Belize.

Confused

Are we expecting them to change the OTHER sat to this new system and therefore we'll lose the rest of the channels?

I am in Placencia Belize.
I have done a little me testing on channels I have lost. They were lost on on or about the 13th of Oct. There are 30 channels that I have documented. they are as follows, 244, 251, 254, 266, 269, 282, 284, 285, 286, 307, 312, 354, 360, 371,372, 373, 388, 520, 523, 527, 528, 529, 530, 531, 532, 612, 843. There are a few more, but these are the ones I watch. The transponders on sat 101 that have no signal are, 3, 4, 7, 11, 12, 15, 18, 19, 20, 23, 26, 27, 28, and 31. I have two recievers and two LNBsand swappedthem one at a time, tests on both are identical. This is not our problem, but something Directv has done.

Friday aftrnoon, Cabo San Lucas, still no improvements (still no odd transponders) in signal on a 1.8 meter dish (6ft). Hopefully soon. Kep updating where you are and what equipment you have and your results.

No change here in Guatemala... 6ft. (1.8 meter) Channel Master antenna, D* H10 and RCA DRD 435.

I live in the Caribbean region and same as the guy in Guatemala we have no signal in the odd transponders with a 6FT. antenna and a DIRECTIVO RCA DVR-80.

No odd transponders in Cayman Islands

No odd transponders in the Cayman Islands with an 8ft dish on 101.

I was told from a friend that works for the company that manages dtv sats on the 13th,,that what were are hopeing for, the return of our siganls,, was not going to happen. D8 is, and has been where they want it,, most of the service in the U.S.A. did not even have a clue that they switched..they are all fine. I would not be surprized that this was part of the dtv mexico and sky deal. Today I called dtv and cancelled my NFL sunday ticket since I only get one channel . I told them what they did with the sat change,, they said they were sorry and thanks for the 13years service and credited my account. Well not ready to jump to sky,, half of something is better than nothing. sure makes for later nights with no east coast feeds,, oh well,, back to the VCR. Dont know if I am ready for a huge dish,, most of my clients have not even come down yet to the baja to know that they will have a problem. Maybe if enough people complain,,,,Maybe they might tweak it ,,but lets not hold or breath. signing out to tape a program.

We spend a lot of time in Cabo and have had Dtv for years both here and in the US (no pirate card, paid subscription). Feelings of disappointment and anger at this latest manipulation, no doubt their accountants have found some reason for doing this.

Needless to say they have lost us as a customer...by the way how do you cancel the subscription when the only way is through a 1-800 number that doesn't work outside of the US?
We would have considered switching to Sky, but if they are now associated with Dtv I think not. Friends who have had Sky here in Cabo are very very dissapointed with both the programming and the attitude of the management.
StarChoice (Canadian system) is very good and the reception here is excellent with a small (oval multi-satellite) dish, and the programming is also good, including US networks. BUT I fear that they will soon be pressured into focussing their signals to the Great White North???
Before I do anything drastic, does anyone have information on any collaboration between Dtv and Sky?

I use vonage with my satellite internet,,works great,, also from mexico you can call out to a 800 number by dialing 001 880, the 880 takes the place of the 800,,you will pay for it big time,, but it will work.

Status
Please reply by conversation.