13v Transponders Sat 101 NOT IN SERVICE

Status
Please reply by conversation.
akira97 said:
what type of dish are you useing is there a brand ?

Hand made, here in Guatemala, it is channel master replica. !! is cheaper than channel master, works the same.

everybody is suggesting that is better to wait until D* makes all changes (for example next month they are going to launch another satellite) before changing antennas, lnb, etc.

CegaRazoR: I live in Guatemala. Please let me know where to buy the 2.4m hand made antenna that you refer to in your last posting. Thanks.

if you remember, last year at this same time we had major reception problems with reception on the east coast networks. Especially in the evenings they would pixilate and then go out completely. It lasted about a month or a little more. I was on the verge of getting a larger dish and then WHAMMO everthing got better. I was told that it was related to the fact that the earth's position in relation to the sat was making it harder for us down here in Cabo. A friend of mine called D* and they ensured him that our signals will return in a couple of weeks. That made me recall last years experience. Anyone else have this experience last year and think this might replicate itself this year?

maybe people who is outside USA should start considering using the 8ft. (2.4 m) antenna. Of course after we know exactly what D* is up to.

A little off-topic, but has anyone considered using (or has already tried) a large 2.4 dish with one of those LNB extension arms, to attempt to capture 2 sats simultaneously? With the larger 2.4, my thinking is that it would be possible to get 101 and 110 on one dish, enabling a lot of HD programming without the expense (not to mention the unsightliness) of another antenna.

Has anyone in Mazatlan tried the 2.4 meter dish, if so what signal strength did you get on the odd transponder.

Dtv

Hello my friends.

The signal it’s exactly the same in Mexico City, no improvement.
About your question about multisatellite antennas it’s impossible down here, first off the entire signal it’s to week down here to use that setup.
Also up north they use a special elliptical dish that it’s tuned to the United to States latitude than can receive several satellites at the same time.
DTV 5 started transmissions at 110 degrees last week, we also ran with bad luck again, now you have to use a 2.4 meter dish to receive transponder 10 from that satellite.
Also the larger the dish it has less side lobes so the antenna is more “focus” to one of the satellite so it’s more difficult to balance the satellites power.
You can try using 1 2.4 meter dish to DTV 8,and another one looking at DTV 1R.,using single L.N.B for each antenna and a multiswitch.
I now it’s a little bit drastic but to be honest to you, the signal it’s not coming back.

Good Luck to you all.

Guide is Gone

As of this morning, Oct 30, I get nothing. First lost odd transponders. Today it seems that the guide has moved or the signal strength has dropped like the odd transponders did on the 13th. With out the guide the system says it is " searching for signal" and "No programs match your current channel and program filter selections", even with program guide set to all channels. I then went to check signal strength and there are still channels with good strength, but the system is constantly locked in the guide search mode and I can therefore receive nothing. Is anybody experiencing this same problem?
I am in Belize, Central America.

Good news from Guatemala. With a few adjustments in dish position, we are now getting most of the odds with 1.8m antennas. Still some channels missing, but getting east and west cost networks without problems. I guess we should wait until after 11/9 to make the decision to move to a 2.4m dish.

Dtv Fleet

Hello my friends
Next month launch will not make a difference in our signal problems,Spaceway 2 is a KA band satellite, meant only for HD transmitions and internet Broadband applications.
It will be located at 99.00 degree latitude not in the main 101.00 orbital position.
Also remember that we will never receive KA band signal, because its footprint is extremely sharp.
Sorry to bring hopes down.
Here is an insert from the DTV application presented to the FCC.
Just for the info KU band frequency is between 11.7 to 12.2 GHZ

The DIRECTV Group, Inc. has filed an application to launch and operate a geostationary Ka- band satellite -- DIRECTV 11 -- at the
99.2º WL orbital location, where it will be collocated with the SPACEWAY 2 satellite (Call Sign S2133). (See also
SAT- AMD- 20041119- 00209 which changes the requested location from 99º to 99.2º WL). The DIRECTV 11 satellite will operate
in the 18.365- 18.53, 18.57- 18.735, 28.36- 28.525, and 29.26- 29.425 GHz, some of the same frequency bands authorized for the
Spaceway 2 satellite at this location..
:(

Bob McMahon said:
As of this morning, Oct 30, I get nothing. First lost odd transponders. Today it seems that the guide has moved or the signal strength has dropped like the odd transponders did on the 13th. With out the guide the system says it is " searching for signal" and "No programs match your current channel and program filter selections", even with program guide set to all channels. I then went to check signal strength and there are still channels with good strength, but the system is constantly locked in the guide search mode and I can therefore receive nothing. Is anybody experiencing this same problem?
I am in Belize, Central America.

I also lost odd transponders sometime Friday night and could get no picture or audio on two different boxes. My other two TiVo receivers that I have which are connected to the same dish had no problems. The picture and audio on both affected boxes came back sometime Saturday night and have been working fine ever since.

I am in Carlisle PA

Here in the Caribbean everything stays the same, transponders signal strenghs are the following:
TP 1 to 8: 0 / 92 / 48 / 0 / 0 / 70 / 51 / 80
TP 9 to 16: 0 / 93 / 50 / 0 / 0 / 66 / 57 / 77
TP 17 to 24: 0 / 0 / 59 / 0 / 0 / 66 / 59 / 71
TP 25 to 32: 0 / 0 / 56 / 0 / 34 / 60 / 59 / 69

Prime focus dish

Yes you can but your dish has to be KU compatible,the mesh has very small holes,very old dishes are not KU compatible the mesh is to wide so the signal wont "bounce" from the reflector.

It seems some xponders are coming back... the preview channels have returned since last night, they weren't there before. Hope this is a good sign.

Yes, yesterday i checked that some channels that were gone returned. Some channels still are missing, but this is an improvement.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)