148W Update

The FCC Dish 148W Revocation Order

The FCC is finally starting to crack down on the game playing being using to control spectrum rights. They provide the complete history in their order.
I suspect it means they are treating TV as a cash cow and have decided to concentrate on new markets (Hughes broadband, satellite/terrestial wireless).

I liked when Dish used 148. They would do testing out there of channels and compression and they did it in the clear so FTA receivers could see it :)
I think they tried something like 30 SD MPEG4 QPSK channels on a TP...yeesh!

I think they screwed up on this one. They had 32 transponders of prime KU bandwidth locked in with western coverage to the mississipi and walked away from it. With the license freeze, no one will be using it. Any when it becomes available again, it goes out for auction.

Seems crazy when top grade spectrum sells at a premium. If nothing else, they could have partnered with netflix or whatever and used it for streaming.

Charlie always is looking at the green grass across the fence and then makes tentative and hesitant moves in those markets, then dithers around while directv proceeds to clean his clock in those markets. Kinda like rich playboy syndrome. I think he has lost his touch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)