$156.17 to install MRV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sonydude1966

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 19, 2008
I called Direct's 1-800 number and was told $156.17 to install everything, and that it had to be paid with a credit card over the phone before scheduling. Then, $3.00 per month. She said that they could include on demand, so that it could be used without me hooking up my cable to my router.

Does this all make sense? She said they can't split installation payments up on the bill because others have "taken advantage" of that. I didn't get into it with her, but to me, you pay your bill or get shut off.

We generally dont bill to account .or split payments so sorry. Only 2 states require us to give the option to bill to the account I dont rmember which ones I think it PA and MA.

That sounds about right ($99 covers necessary hardware. $49 for installation, plus tax). It will include a DECA adapter to connect your router to the DECA cloud. Depending on how much hardware they need to provide (possibly a new dish plus splitters, DECA adapters and replacement of non-SWM-compatible receivers) it could easibly be a much better price than doing it yourself.

Thats the exact price I was quoted for MRV.
Or I could Pay $99 for an HR and save myself $3 per month.

I guess I'll be getting the HR.:)

Hey Stone, Is D* required in PA to Break up payments and apply them to your bill?

I know D* can't demand a credit card on file in PA.

Thats the exact price I was quoted for MRV.
Or I could Pay $99 for an HR and save myself $3 per month.

I guess I'll be getting the HR.:)

Hey Stone, Is D* required in PA to Break up payments and apply them to your bill?

I know D* can't demand a credit card on file in PA.

No to the split payments but in PA they can bill to your account because of PA's laws.

so anything in PA and I believe MA I would have to double check on MA , you can bill to the account as long as your not more then 15 dollars past due.

DTV will not extend this offer to people who live out side those two states.

So it sounds as if I received the correct quote then.

I take it this is all done through existing cable and doesn't require any other hard wiring? I have an HR22 and H21, so the receivers should be good to go.

When I ordered the whole home install they billed it to my account, no question asked. Credit card never came up. I do have autopay, don't know if that matters.

Account showed the $99 charge that I paid on the next bill, a $49 install charge and a $49 install credit because they waived it.

When I ordered the whole home install they billed it to my account, no question asked. Credit card never came up. I do have autopay, don't know if that matters.

Account showed the $99 charge that I paid on the next bill, a $49 install charge and a $49 install credit because they waived it.
I'm obviously not worthy.:rant:

odd that they gave you that option. I know that we use to do it if you had autopay but again stop that due to people taking advantage of the system.

They billed to my account also. Same deal as Jason, $99 + $49 + $49 credit, but the CSR asked if I wanted to pay by credit card or just have it billed to my account. I also have autopay turned on.

They billed to my account also. Same deal as Jason, $99 + $49 + $49 credit, but the CSR asked if I wanted to pay by credit card or just have it billed to my account. I also have autopay turned on.

I talked to our ordering department ( ACE )

When I was trained for that call type you could bill to account if you had auto pay

last year they sent out a memo saying dont bill to account

and now it back again as up about 5 months ago from my understanding .

DTV can be weird like this.

No to the split payments but in PA they can bill to your account because of PA's laws.

so anything in PA and I believe MA I would have to double check on MA , you can bill to the account as long as your not more then 15 dollars past due.

DTV will not extend this offer to people who live out side those two states.
Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts