16 output mutiswitch

Status
Please reply by conversation.

s25843

Original poster
Mar 20, 2009
Boston
Hey,
I currently have a Zinwell 8 out multiswitch, that is 100% full, and I just ordered 2 more HD DVRs, but, chose the self install on DirecTV.com, since the pro install was $100.

Can I get them to just ship me a 16 out multiswitch? Im hesitant to have an installer come out, because a year and a half ago, during my HD upgrade, the original installer mounted the new dish in front of a tree, and then grounded it to my outside gas main for the house. (and yes, I made them come back and fix things up!)

I could order one myself and pay for it, but, I might as well go through them since I have the protection plan, and im paying $200+ a month for service.

Last edited:
Cascading WB68's isn't recommended, though it does work. The better way is to use 4 high frequency splitters on the four lines from the dish and connect two WB68s in parallel.

cascade them, you will need 3 6x8's or just let them bring you a 6x16 and there is no way anyone grounded your system to the gas main, just stop it! Did they kick your dog and slap your wife around too? Riddiculous!

cascade them, you will need 3 6x8's or just let them bring you a 6x16 and there is no way anyone grounded your system to the gas main, just stop it! Did they kick your dog and slap your wife around too? Riddiculous!

Just an update, they're coming out next week to install it for $49

and yes,,, the original install was grounded to a gas main. When they came out to fix it, we became the model house on how not to install a HD upgrade. It was quite funny, because, they came out with a supervisor and the re-install tech, and took a ton of pictures of the install, and then the reinstall tech came a couple days later, and fixed things up.

maybe that is the picture of a system grounded to a gas main they show everyone in training. I saw it years ago and thought they had to of set it up or something. Well they don't give IQ tests to installers LOL. fifty bucks don't sound too bad. From their point of view they figure if u can afford all that equipment you can certainly afford that. You would think it would be the other way around. They guy that pays the big bill should get all the freebies.

I got lucky with my installation. I had a new house and the people who ran the lines did not label them correctly. I had about 15 lines total in my house. The installer just happened to have a 6x16 multiswitch in his van and he used it and didn't charge me extra for it.

yeah, that's REAL lucky considering the price tag that comes along with a 16way multi switch. What kind of crappy Tech doesn't have at least a pocket toner to figure out which wire is which? They are like $15!! Probably the same guy that calls his cell phone from the customers home phone (which just happens to be long distance, Philadelphia to Seattle) and sits it by the TV so he can hear the sound that the signal level is making to sight in a dish. The customer was furious when he got the phone bill.

I have personally seen a dumb a** installer "ground" a system to a gas line. This guy was "over qualified" to be a Directv installer because he was in the Marines. What a joke he was! Needless to say, he wasn't a Tech for long. Both of those dumb a**es were Techs at the Philadelphia(Hatboro) office of Ironwood Communications. So it does happen.

yeah, that's REAL lucky considering the price tag that comes along with a 16way multi switch. What kind of crappy Tech doesn't have at least a pocket toner to figure out which wire is which? They are like $15!! Probably the same guy that calls his cell phone from the customers home phone (which just happens to be long distance, Philadelphia to Seattle) and sits it by the TV so he can hear the sound that the signal level is making to sight in a dish. The customer was furious when he got the phone bill.

I have personally seen a dumb a** installer "ground" a system to a gas line. This guy was "over qualified" to be a Directv installer because he was in the Marines. What a joke he was! Needless to say, he wasn't a Tech for long. Both of those dumb a**es were Techs at the Philadelphia(Hatboro) office of Ironwood Communications. So it does happen.

He did but he was getting frustrated. The people who wired our house were morons. The installer got to my house at 2:30pm and didn't leave until 12:30am. He was awesome! He just said that he would do it so that if I ever wanted to add more boxes, the next tech they sent out wouldn't have to go through what he went through. I would actually love to get rid of the 6x16. It takes up all the room in my structured wiring box, so I have hardly any room for my cable/phone modem and my router. Everytime I open the box, I have to hold everything in there.

well no but the installer did take pictures of my wife and slapped me around.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts