$169.99 Toshiba A3 HD DVD player

I'm kind of late getting into the HD thing and was wondering just how much money to invest in a player. I have an older Sony 51" Wega HD rear projection tv. It has HDMI and its manual says it goes up yo 1080i. Would the A3 be a good buy (other than the price) for what I have?

I have an older Sony 46" RPTV with DVI. I purchased the A2 (1080i) a month ago (just got the CC price match for $199). HD DVD looks outstanding and the A2 does a superb job of upconverting SD DVD. I believe the A2 or A3 would be a good choice. Other than the A3 being the next generation 1080i player and a little smaller and sleeker I don't believe there is alot of difference between the two.

Wow, the A3 at that price is huge. Coupled with the A2's discount. Looks to be an exciting time this shopping season.

I'm intrigued now what BD will do to counter.
I'm already Purple, but I was gonna buy another PS3 at $399 for the upstairs mini-HT setup. Now I'm gonna wait to see if should do HD-DVD or BD upstairs and what prices I can get them for.

I'm kind of late getting into the HD thing and was wondering just how much money to invest in a player. I have an older Sony 51" Wega HD rear projection tv. It has HDMI and its manual says it goes up yo 1080i. Would the A3 be a good buy (other than the price) for what I have?

The A2 or A3 will do just fine for your TV. Both of these output 1080i. Unless you are planning to upgrade your TV in the near future, no need to spend the extra money on the higher models that do 1080p. I have an A2 and I have been happy so far. They are able to be found for $199 now. Looks like if you wait a few weeks, there will be some great deals for Black Friday shopping.

A2

I bought the HD-A2 from Circuit City for $158($198-$40 coupon). A great deal on a great player. Now if the movies would drop in price...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts