18 years and I may cut the cord!

I have Dish and an OTA outside antenna and Prime. I see all pictures as great quality and cannot see any difference in quality between any of them on my OLED tv. Maybe my eyes do not see as clear as some of you. Football looks the same on all three.

Are you testing your picture quality with test equipment or do your eyes really perceive a difference.
During last weeks Lions’ game, I have two main TVs, 85” Sony Z9K (LED) and a 83” Sony A90J (OLED).

On both, flipping between OTA, YTTV and Peacock, the Peacock feed was a amazing difference on both TVs, it did look better on the Z9K because of the up conversion from real 1080P to 8K, but the Peacock feed look great on the OLED also.

Did the same for the KC/Buffalo game on Paramount+/CBS, resulted in the same thing, so much better on P+.

TV Shows On Demand ( next day airing from Live TV) look great also, since they are in real 1080P (some now with HDR/DV) and/or 4K.

But Live Feeds on both Paramount/Peacock ( your local stations), I believe are up-converted to 1080P, looks the same quality as YTTV, which is really good, but does not compare to real 1080P.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Are you telling us that your LED tv has a better picture than your OLED tv? I had an LG LED and bought a LG OLED and the picture on the LED is not even anywhere close to as clear as the OLED LG tv.

Are you telling us that your LED tv has a better picture than your OLED tv? I had an LG LED and bought a LG OLED and the picture on the LED is not even anywhere close to as clear as the OLED LG tv.
Depends on the quality between the two types, my Sony Z9K does a great job of up converting 1080P/4K to 8K, also does incredible deep blacks that rivals OLED, but still extremely bright which helps with the Florida brightness here.

The Sony A90J has a great picture also, but it is not as good as the mini-leds on the Z9K, which is sharper, but the OLED’s downfall was looking washed out in the sun, could not make out what was going on in dark scences during the day.

So yes, my mini-led Sony Z9K has a better picture , but in your comparison between LED and your OLED, you do not name what LED it was you had, so, of course, it could have a much worse picture.

Also remember, I am putting in better picture quality into my TVs since I primarily stream, minimum of 1080P, which is much better then Dish provides.

View: https://youtu.be/0Uoxz4bitBM?si=Gn-g8wjzIu1g7kaC

Depends on the quality between the two types, my Sony Z9K does a great job of up converting 1080P/4K to 8K, also does incredible deep blacks that rivals OLED, but still extremely bright which helps with the Florida brightness here.

The Sony A90J has a great picture also, but it is not as good as the mini-leds on the Z9K, which is sharper, but the OLED’s downfall was looking washed out in the sun, could not make out what was going on in dark scences during the day.

So yes, my mini-led Sony Z9K has a better picture , but in your comparison between LED and your OLED, you do not name what LED it was you had, so, of course, it could have a much worse picture.

Also remember, I am putting in better picture quality into my TVs since I primarily stream, minimum of 1080P, which is much better then Dish provides.
Huh, I was gonna ask in the TV section, but since you brought it up, Costco has 75" Sony's. A mini LED for $2499 (X93CL) and an OLED for $2699 (A80CL) and I wondered what the difference would be in the overall picture

Huh, I was gonna ask in the TV section, but since you brought it up, Costco has 75" Sony's. A mini LED for $2499 (X93CL) and an OLED for $2699 (A80CL) and I wondered what the difference would be in the overall picture
Depends on the room, OLED looks better in a darker room (light control), which is why it did not work so well for me, because it is very bright here, hated keeping the blackout shades closed, felt like a shut in.

Give you another recommendation, the TCL QM8, which received a better review then the Sony, is on sale at both Amazon and Best Buy, 75” for $1298, 85” for $1798, 4 year warranty is only $68 with Amazon.

He's talking High End TV's in that post.
I'm sure that has a lot to do with it.
Yeah, I do not believe he understands the difference of a Sony Bravia mini-led 8K TV vs some generic LED , which he did not bother to name.

I am going into my 3rd year with the Sony Z9K, still feel no need to upgrade.

Cannot say that for my sound system, just bought new monoblock NC500x amplifiers for each speaker, that is my project for today, have to hook those up, all with XLR Cables and also run 2 50ft xlr cables for the side/back speakers.

Yeah, I do not believe he understands the difference of a Sony Bravia mini-led 8K TV vs some generic LED , which he did not bother to name.

I am going into my 3rd year with the Sony Z9K, still feel no need to upgrade.

Cannot say that for my sound system, just bought new monoblock NC500x amplifiers for each speaker, that is my project for today, have to hook those up, all with XLR Cables and also run 2 50ft xlr cables for the side/back speakers.
I just feel that the Sony Processors are a few steps above any other TV's.

I just feel that the Sony Processors are a few steps above any other TV's.
I agree, but it also depends on what model, because they get better as the expense goes, for example the Z9K has the highest rated processor, the XR Triluminos Pro and XR Contrast Booster 20, which gives it that deeper detail you see.

While the current OLED (A95L)has the XR Triluminos Max and XR Contrast Booster Pro, which is just one step below .

I agree, but ir also depends on what model, because they get better as the expense goes, for example the Z9K has the highest rated processor, the XR Triluminos Pro and XR Contrast Booster 20, which gives it that deeper detail you see.

While the current OLED (A95L)has the XR Triluminos Max and XR Contrast Booster Pro, which is just one step below .
Each year they continue to get better ...
The Z9 was the first (I think) of the Master Series.
My A95 is also in the Masters Series

Now were not talking apples to apples as they are different platforms, but they continue to advance each year.

Q for you ...

Awhile back, maybe 5 years, maybe not that long, the Master Series had something called a "Netflix Calibration " setting.

I have not seen this is awhile, I'm wondering if they just added that to all of them and made it more of a Streaming Calibration, I haven't seen it on my set ...
Of course, nobody knows what it was suppose to do that I have seen either.

Awhile back, maybe 5 years, maybe not that long, the Master Series had something called a "Netflix Calibration " setting.

I have not seen this is awhile, I'm wondering if they just added that to all of them and made it more of a Streaming Calibration, I haven't seen it on my set ...
Of course, nobody knows what it was suppose to do that I have seen either.
l have it on both, but it only works with the internal app, but since I use the Roku Ultra primarily, does not work with that of course.

I do not use eArc/CEC Control either, all my components go into the Anthem Processor via HDMI, out to the TV.

l have it on both, but it only works with the internal app, but since I use the Roku Ultra primarily, does not work with that of course.

I do not use eArc/CEC Control either, all my components go into the Anthem Processor via HDMI, out to the TV.
I have never seen the option (but really haven't specifically Looked either) ...
I Do use the Internal Apps and add as I need ....

Are you aware that you can set it to Update Those Apps automatically .... thus not needing to get a New TV every 4 years ?????

I know the Apps get updated on the Rokus and (I would imagine) Firesticks, so you all like those options better than the TV apps.
Seeing the TV updates them as well, I'm all for it.

I do use the e/Arc HDMI 3 (I think it is) ...
My system goes thru my Yamaha RX A-1080 ... all the switching happens thru it and goes to that particular HDMI.

I don't use the Yamaha all that much unless I have a particular movie that I want to HEAR.

The TV speakers (Acoustic Surface Audio) on the A95 are very good (enough for none movies) with the speakers IN the front panel.

I have never seen the option (but really haven't specifically Looked either) ...
I Do use the Internal Apps and add as I need ....
You have to be using the Netflix App, then it shows up in the picture options.

I used it on the OLED, before I bought the Z9K, made the video too dark, so I just kept using Dolby Vision Bright instead.
Are you aware that you can set it to Update Those Apps automatically .... thus not needing to get a New TV every 4 years ?????
All apps update, until the hardware is too old to accept it, a TV is basically like a computer, sooner or later, it will become too old and time to buy a new one.
I do use the e/Arc HDMI 3 (I think it is) ...
My system goes thru my Yamaha RX A-1080 ... all the switching happens thru it and goes to that particular HDMI.
I have too many components, Roku Ultra, Tablo Quad with HDMI out, 4K Blu Ray, PS5, XBOX X and the Nintendo Switch.

Just easier using the processor for switching, have it plugged in to the one 8K port-HDMI 4, then the PS5 and XBOX automatically goes to the higher resolution.
I don't use the Yamaha all that much unless I have a particular movie that I want to HEAR.
Since I stream every thing, even the Network shows on Paramount/Hulu/ etc, the sound ( Dolby Digital+) is in the higher bit rates with a lot of surround activity.

Even the Football Games on Peacock/P+ sounded great, like the crowd was all around you.
The TV speakers (Acoustic Surface Audio) on the A95 are very good (enough for none movies) with the speakers IN the front panel.
I am spoiled, TV Speakers sound tinny to me compared to my Processor and Amplifiers, can’t go back.

I got a Sony X930e, and it only has two HDMI inputs with the enhanced HDMI setting. I have the C61k in one and an XBOX Series X in the other. I stream on the XBOX Series X. Is that a good experience streaming on the XBOX Series X vs. an Apple TV 4k, Fire 4k Cube or Ruko 4k Ultra? Do the streaming apps on the XBOX Series X stream in 4k?

You have to be using the Netflix App, then it shows up in the picture options.

I used it on the OLED, before I bought the Z9K, made the video too dark, so I just kept using Dolby Vision Bright instead.

All apps update, until the hardware is too old to accept it, a TV is basically like a computer, sooner or later, it will become too old and time to buy a new one.

I have too many components, Roku Ultra, Tablo Quad with HDMI out, 4K Blu Ray, PS5, XBOX X and the Nintendo Switch.

Just easier using the processor for switching, have it plugged in to the one 8K port-HDMI 4, then the PS5 and XBOX automatically goes to the higher resolution.

Since I stream every thing, even the Network shows on Paramount/Hulu/ etc, the sound ( Dolby Digital+) is in the higher bit rates with a lot of surround activity.

Even the Football Games on Peacock/P+ sounded great, like the crowd was all around you.

I am spoiled, TV Speakers sound tinny to me compared to my Processor and Amplifiers, can’t go back.
I really should start using the Yamaha ...

Soon as On Patrol Live goes to YT TV I'm gone after 24 years.... that is the only thing keeping the ole lady happy cause she loves that show but she also handles that bill (we each take care of diff things). I can convince her to switch finally once and for all soon as this damn channel expands.

Soon as On Patrol Live goes to YT TV I'm gone after 24 years.... that is the only thing keeping the ole lady happy cause she loves that show but she also handles that bill (we each take care of diff things). I can convince her to switch finally once and for all soon as this damn channel expands.
You could subscribe to Peacock it has the live Reelz channel. It starts at $5.99 per month for the ad version. Also, YouTube TV doesn't have The History Channel, METV, H&I and FETV.

Forgot to add Frndly TV and Philo TV has those other channels I listed. Except Frndly TV doesn't have Reelz.

The problem I ran into with Paramount and Peacock and their local channels, was the number of locations we traveled to where the apps didn't have the locals available. If we couldn't get the locals OTA in those areas either, then that meant dragging out our Dish dish and setting it up even for a one night stop.
I believe the locals do not come in if you have location services on. If you turn that on you should be fine either case off your phone or tablet with that off. It is location based because of advertisers.