1899-Netflix

OMG! What a mind bender! I can't even try to guess how much it cost to make it. It was visually amazing. Only problem...there will need to be a season 2 to explain season 1. You got to see it!!!

• Wow
Reactions: Howard Simmons
OMG! What a mind bender! I can't even try to guess how much it cost to make it. It was visually amazing. Only problem...there will need to be a season 2 to explain season 1. You got to see it!!!
Nice, the wife and I saw the previews and are thinking of watching it next (currently streaming through Avenue 5 on HBO Max).

Reactions: Howard Simmons
Watched the 1st episode last night. So far it seems interesting.

We did notice that the lips were off on several of the characters, and then notice that it was dubbed. So switched language to English from English-Dubbed, and the characters at the time were speaking French. So though maybe the whole movie was like that, and went back to English-Dub. Then noticed the red headed doctor's speech matched her voice, so then went back to English.

Turns out characters were all speaking different languages.
We then just went to the show settings and picked English (which had characters speaking in their natives tongues) and English Subtitles (CC) to get what we thought was the best experience.

We did notice that the lips were off on several of the characters, and then notice that it was dubbed. So switched language to English from English-Dubbed, and the characters at the time were speaking French. So though maybe the whole movie was like that, and went back to English-Dub. Then noticed the red headed doctor's speech matched her voice, so then went back to English.

We then just went to the show settings and picked English (which had characters speaking in their natives tongues) and English Subtitles (CC) to get what we thought was the best experience.
Yeh, a very multi-national cast. At least most of the main characters spoke in English.
Also watched the "Making Of" short, that revealed they used the "Volume" technology (360 LED jumbo screens) first devised for the Mandalorian.

Last edited:
Yeh, a very multi-national cast. At least most of the main characters spoke in English.
Which is great. I just wished Netflix didn't default it to having the non-english speakers being dubbed. Chinese women sounded french with was weird, and the spanish guys dubbed voices really sounded out of place (like they had a brooklyn accent instead of spanish). And since I don't mind subtitles, I liked it better with the original audio for the non-english speakers.

eyes rolling GIF by Charlie Mars

• Haha
Reactions: Derwin0
Not picked up for season 2: 1899 Cancelled at Netflix

Worth watching knowing season 1 is it?
I'm getting tired of Netflix cancelling new, original, and though provoking shows and renewing teeny, woke ones. If it weren't for T-Mobile paying for most of it, I'd probably dump and just sub periodically like I do Disney+ and some others. And YES, watch it regardless.

I'm getting tired of Netflix cancelling new, original, and though provoking shows and renewing teeny, woke ones.
Blame viewers, Netflix knows how exactly many are watching their shows, and cuts the ones people aren't watching and keeps those that people are.