1983 press photo

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

toucan-man

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Wisconsin
The photo is distorted, but that's one beefy looking dish in the foreground,

YBO1599.jpgYBO1600.jpg

Gee,,, brings back a lot of memories,,,,, The antenna looks like Janeil Dark Star, plastic ribs which the sun often destroyed in a few years! The man looks like Dick Glass from Indiana and the Satellite Dealers Association!

If that's the Janeil Dark Star, maybe that photo isn't distorted at all. "I'm melting, I'm melting..."

Lol oh my gosh plastic ribs.

Tom Taylor said:
Gee,,, brings back a lot of memories,,,,, The antenna looks like Janeil Dark Star, plastic ribs which the sun often destroyed in a few years! The man looks like Dick Glass from Indiana and the Satellite Dealers Association!

Mr. Taylor got any time on a Wednesday to come on Satellite Nation? If need be I can make the drive from Louisville up to your place and get everything setup.

I had one of those. Or actually I inherited one of those. Several years ago when we sold some family property there was one buried in a junk pile, I asked if it was worth saving and everyone told me to RUN! as fast as I could away from it.
I left it there to be bulldozed. It was a 12 foot, mostly plastic dish. And it was pretty busted up..

Attachments

• IMG_4788.resized.JPG
    IMG_4788.resized.JPG
    557.9 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_4786.resized.JPG
    IMG_4786.resized.JPG
    553.8 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_4778.resized.JPG
    IMG_4778.resized.JPG
    197.7 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_4779.resized.JPG
    IMG_4779.resized.JPG
    596.5 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_4781.resized.JPG
    IMG_4781.resized.JPG
    565.9 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_4794.resized.JPG
    IMG_4794.resized.JPG
    313.3 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_4801.resized.JPG
    IMG_4801.resized.JPG
    455.3 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_4802.resized.JPG
    IMG_4802.resized.JPG
    468.3 KB · Views: 110
Good dish, bad dish ?
Mediocre at best. It wasn't the worst C-Band dish I've had, but not near as good as my Channel Master Perf or the Winegard Pinnacle. But to be fair it was slightly "potato chipped" warped, maybe a 1/2" from flat. The one I had was converted from a buttonhook to a quad leg. I cut the buttonhook mount off the dish before I put it up. The CM 3m I replaced it with is amazing. It will out perform a 1.2m offset Ku dish on some strong Ku transponders and will hold it's own on the weak ones.

I've been searching for a Channel Master Perf but haven't found one. Kicking myself for not getting a Birdview Perf when it was available, but that's a bigger project and not a 10 footer.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts