1st ever Adults Only US console game and banned in the UK & Australia.....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Well it looks like its banned in the US as well since both sony and Nintendo said they will not allow it to be released as AO

I guess Rockstar will have to cut a couple of scenes to get the M rating.

The game should be about finished so there is no way Rockstar will just cancel it now.

The ESRB ratings process is really broken and needs to be overhauled.

The game has been delayed.

June 21, 2007 - The inevitable has happened: Take-Two just issued a statement explaining the upcoming release of the currently AO-rated Manhunt 2 has been officially suspended. Originally scheduled for a July 10 release, Take-Two is reviewing its options following the UK ban earlier this week and the death sentence cast down by the Entertainment Software Ratings Board.

"We continue to stand behind this ordinary game," the publisher said in a statement, according to Reuters. "We believe in freedom of creative expression, as well as responsible marketing, both of which are essential to our business of making great entertainment."

Not only will major retailers such as Wal-Mart refuse to carry an AO-rated game, Nintendo and Sony have said they will not allow such a game to be manufactured for their consoles.

IGN: Manhunt 2 Officially Delayed

The game has been delayed.

Not only will major retailers such as Wal-Mart refuse to carry an AO-rated game, Nintendo and Sony have said they will not allow such a game to be manufactured for their consoles.
[/I]
IGN: Manhunt 2 Officially Delayed

I wish they would have the balls to release a AO-rated game, im sure there are plenty of ADULTS that would love to buy and play it for themselves. and why should they gaming industry or wal-mart stop them?? I was so hyped for this game I was probably going to buy within the first week.

If they released it as AO the game would fail as the largest video game seller in the world (wal-mart) wouldn't carry it.

So they will be smart and take it down to M.

They did this to just get the hype. Which worked like a gem.

You cant guarantee it would fail being noone has released an AO game yet. Yes it would be harder to get however I feel this would drive sales more, espically in the aftermarket, such as ebay.

I know I am in the minority here but maybe there should be a level to how much and what kind of violence is allowable -- even for adults. I like a good FPS just as much as the next guy but I can tell you that realism only goes so far for me. The more realistic in human suffering can not be a good thing for any society that hopes to advance.

Maybe Rockstar should release an M rated game for the video platforms and then offer the other on the PC where there is no control over content. This way Rockstart could get their investment back and those of you who want as much mayhem and gruesome as possible can get your fill from the PC version.

This whole thing is un F-ing real. We see worse stuff on TV on the nightly news. Like death in Iraq from car bombs and beheadings. These games cant be much worse than we see on TV. Who cares, there is a rating on the box in the front. Cashiers see ID for alot of things now... Cigarettes, alcohol, use of credit card, over the counter medications. They already face jail time if they don't check ID for cigarettes and alcohol just add AO rated video games to the list, its not a big deal.

These damned censorship rules are getting out of hand. NOW in the UK a learning game is being pulled off the shelf because she was offended that she didn't score that well called her 'Spastic'.

I wouldn't mind an AO game. Of course, that wouldn't be an issue if people would keep their whiney brats of M-rated games like Socom. Hello MATURE rating. I have never met a mature 13 year old............

Just the other day, I saw some moron buying GTA for his little boys. They looked 8-10. What is that guy thinking about?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)