1ST QTR Financial Results

Take a look at the graphic on subscriber acquisition costs. The text below the bar chart says costs are down in part because of lower hopper/sling production costs (graphic 4).

The Hopper appears to save on hardware (and I bet on install) costs.

Is the Hopper itself cheaper than a 722K? Or, is the average household cheaper to supply due to using Joeys as add'l outlets instead of 211K's or add'l 722K's?

I bet the hopper and 722k are about the same price hardware wise. The difference is probably a few chips, a very minor cost compared to the overall price. The joeys then save even more.

Gross new subscribers is down but net subscribers is up, which tells me that the Hopper did more in the retention of existing customers than the addition of new customers.

There are no more ViP722s of ANY series being made. I daresay the ONLY ViP series in production is the ViP211Z. Point is moot.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Gross new subscribers is down but net subscribers is up, which tells me that the Hopper did more in the retention of existing customers than the addition of new customers.

It is a lot better for Dish's financials if customers stay put. It costs a lot to get the new ones.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts