2:00 on Wed. and?

Is that the most definitive release you can find?

If so then it's disappointing as that paragraph doesn't mention HD nor does it say when or under what conditions payment starts to flow from Dish to Viacom.

Nothing more than that. Some reports state it is a multi-year deal, and if Charlie signed a multi-year deal without mention of HD in 2009, he's a real dope!

i really can't see it being BET that is the hold-up as was mentioned in an earlier post. i noticed that they are now broadcasting in HD on comcast.

I think it was speculated that BET-HD was the channel with the tech problem a couple of weeks ago. The leaked rumor was a tech problem with one of the channels and that the contract called for all or none. Obviously none of us here have seen the contract or know anything in particular. I don't think the tech problem was the existence of the channel but the handing off of the encoded content to E*.

Has D* added anything new in recent moths? if not then why such strong hatred? they are still competitive. E* adding SD version of CC and CMT Leads me believe something is coming soon....just not when they promised.

With that being said...
Why are we so surprise with charlie for not delivering on his promise?

- I remember seeing screen saver promising 150 by end of 2008
- I remember charlie Chat promising 150 by end February
- now april fool joke shouldn't have surprised us...

What D* does is irrelevant. What people are upset about is the jump in price along with the promise of added value that has yet to show up even though promised by April 1. We're spinning in the wind while Charlie grabs the extra dollars blowing out of our pockets.

...What people are upset about is the jump in price along with the promise of added value that has yet to show up even though promised by April 1. We're spinning in the wind while Charlie grabs the extra dollars blowing out of our pockets.

That's very constructive criticism. I wasn't aware of price hike, sine my HD Absolute bill hasn't gone up....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)