2/11/2009 5:22pm - Uplink Activity Report - 109 changes

COME ON DISH!!!! Get your greedy heads out of your asses and get some new national HD. You have no excusses anymore.

I agree. That's why the minute my contract runs out, I'm cancelling. I don't even care what I switch to. Just not Dish. It's the most poorly run company I've ever had to deal with. Deception, innuendos, twisted words, parsing-- it's like listening to a continuous loop of Bill Clinton speeches. But, I think what makes matters even worse is the constantly wrong "inside information" that you see on this and other forums. To me, it's just frustrating to anticipate and hope for something that never comes. If you think "Spring" means new HD ... think again. Their track record is that it's just another tease, followed by excuses, and empty promises.

574 - NDTV [MPEG2 SD] - Anik F3 118.7W TP 02 ConUS beam changed package flags (A)
574 - NDTV [MPEG2 SD] - EchoStar3 61.5W TP 08 ConUS beam changed package flags (A)
585 - AAJTK [MPEG2 SD] - EchoStar1 148W TP 25 ConUS beam changed package flags (A)
585 - AAJTK [MPEG2 SD] - EchoStar3 61.5W TP 12 ConUS beam changed package flags (A)
794 - AAJTK [MPEG2 SD] - Anik F3 118.7W TP 22 ConUS beam changed package flags (A)
Switching to N3 or done that.

Sioux City is my home town, I now live in Spirit Lake, Ia. I am very happy they are adding the Sioux City locals in HD. I have a rooftop antenna and can get networks in HD, but they are from Minneapolis, Minn.

THANK YOU CHARLIE.
Now you can raise my bill.
I am willing to pay more for more product. Isn't capitalism great?

Yeah, that and they flat out said Spring on the chat...

My guess would be they are going to add more HD whenever they have that Team Summit show/event or whatever its called in the spring. Seems like they always add channels around that time...sad! Spring to Dish Network is probably more like July.

Switching to N3 or done that.

Does that show up in the uplink reports now?

I'd rather think that they're on preview, but I can't check now because I have two recordings going. They've been putting a few international channels, seemingly at random, on preview every few weeks. I'm not sure what that's going to accomplish when they all move to 118, because nobody who doesn't already have international channels is going to have a dish on 118, but this is Dish we're talking about :rolleyes:

Of course there's a third possibility, and that is that they're forgetting to turn on the encryption after they change them to N3. But I kind of doubt it, because the Greek music channel has been on preview twice in the last few months.

I see Erie is on here, but it's NA. Anyone have any idea how long it will take before they're available.

I see Erie is on here, but it's NA. Anyone have any idea how long it will take before they're available.

Could be 5 minutes from now, could be never... no one really knows... with that said, there are hints available from the most recent Charlie Chat so I would say look there to get an idea...

According to the latest Retail Chat, Erie is supposed to be lit up sometime in March. Cross your fingers.

What, they removed my local NBC that they just uplinked and made available last month.

Are you talking about WPMI? They removed that one since it was just the SD feed since the HD feed is now available. Since there are no SD receivers on EA, they remove the SD feed when the HD feed is available.