2/17/2010 7:41pm - Uplink Activity Report - 163 changes

So, does this mean all the uploaded HD from last week will be available on 119w soon?

No, what you are seeing on the 119 E*14 uplinks are HD locals on spotbeams. There will be many long-suffering DMA's (like Wichita!) very happy when they light up that satellite. :)

It looks like E* is staying true to their word about only using TPs 1 thru 5 (at this time) for spots.

Brad

Yea, Charlie had a tough decision, he must have said to himself: "BBCA-HD or DNFYI-HD, BBCA-HD or DNFYI-HD? I'm sure people would much rather see me in 'HD' than that stupid Gordon Ramsay or Stig".
nahh thats for the special HD Charlie Chat telling people to get the ultimate $999 HD satellite upgrade package that would only place 27 Dishes on your roof

When I called CSR last week over the 110/119/61.5 mess the rep told me they could repoint my wing dish to 129 for the new HD and keep the 110/119 for my sd receiver.

When I told her that it would cost me my HD locals (Philadelphia), which are currently on 61.5, she told me that they would be "moving them over" so I could again receive them.

I'm not saying that this is what the new activity is on 119, or that the rep wasn't confused. I'm just saying what she told me, so take it with a grain of salt.

dmag, with all of my calls about this subject.... everyone phone rep has his or her's own story. Don't BELIEVE them! I've spoken to over 30 people on the phone about this and still have not received a clear answer.

dmag, with all of my calls about this subject.... everyone phone rep has his or her's own story. Don't BELIEVE them! I've spoken to over 30 people on the phone about this and still have not received a clear answer.
I've experienced my share of csr double talk as well.

So like I said, take it with a grain of salt.

Apparently I made a big stink between the 30 or so dish network phone reps the past week, that they pulled my work order this morning from the subcontractor and they, themselves will be showing up! I do not know if I should be happy or confused at this point.

Wish Dish would add PBS HD and CW HD in Birmingham AL!

I third that :) I get WBIQ and WTTO in HD from my antenna but it would be nice for them to go ahead and add them in HD on Dish Network for those who don't have an antenna hooked up or are unable to receive signal. Perhaps they will add them soon, as they have added CW from smaller markets than Birmingham.

Yea, Charlie had a tough decision, he must have said to himself: "BBCA-HD or DNFYI-HD, BBCA-HD or DNFYI-HD? I'm sure people would much rather see me in 'HD' than that stupid Gordon Ramsay or Stig".

It is important for Dish for 101 to be in HD. It is a primary demo channel that runs in loops in a lot of stores. It is a sales vehicle, but really useless to current subscribers.

Apparently I made a big stink between the 30 or so dish network phone reps the past week, that they pulled my work order this morning from the subcontractor and they, themselves will be showing up! I do not know if I should be happy or confused at this point.

Please do let us know what comes about it. Take picture too, if you are able. :up

It is important for Dish for 101 to be in HD. It is a primary demo channel that runs in loops in a lot of stores. It is a sales vehicle, but really useless to current subscribers.

But it hasn't been in HD up to now. How important could it be?

Besides, we were told that there wasn't room on 61.5 for even one new HD channel. Did they take something down to make room for this one?

I understand that Charlie will do what he wants to, this just gives the lie to the claim that Dish couldn't squeeze another HD channel onto 61.5, unless you try making the case that there was room for only one more channel and Charlie knew DNFYI was coming. Even he wouldn't be able to say that with a straight face.

I certainly would love it if these changes signaled the possible availablity of HD locals here in Rochester, NY. I just switched to Dish from DirecTV this past August and this was the one casualty that I suffered. We are in the top 3 of biggest DMA's without HD locals so this would be sweet.

On the other hand, if we had them earlier it would have probably been on the 61 bird like our neighbors in Buffalo so I'm at least happy enough to be able to have a decent line of sight to 129 to point there and receive BBCAHD, FSCHD, RETRO and INDIE which were welcome additions this past week. I can't lose 119/110 because I subscribe to Latino and Italian programming as well.

If dish adds our HD locals and DIYHD (when it comes out) I will have every channel I want in HD. Nice - far more of what I want than DirecTv offered. For the meantime, it's not too big a deal using the external antenea to pull in all but one of our local HD stations (can't seem to pull in CBS).

Crossing my fingers that Rochester, NY hd locals are on the way and it fits onto a sat that I receive without losing my FSCHD.

I certainly would love it if these changes signaled the possible availablity of HD locals here in Rochester, NY. I just switched to Dish from DirecTV this past August and this was the one casualty that I suffered. We are in the top 3 of biggest DMA's without HD locals so this would be sweet.

On the other hand, if we had them earlier it would have probably been on the 61 bird like our neighbors in Buffalo so I'm at least happy enough to be able to have a decent line of sight to 129 to point there and receive BBCAHD, FSCHD, RETRO and INDIE which were welcome additions this past week. I can't lose 119/110 because I subscribe to Latino and Italian programming as well.

If dish adds our HD locals and DIYHD (when it comes out) I will have every channel I want in HD. Nice - far more of what I want than DirecTv offered. For the meantime, it's not too big a deal using the external antenea to pull in all but one of our local HD stations (can't seem to pull in CBS).

Crossing my fingers that Rochester, NY hd locals are on the way and it fits onto a sat that I receive without losing my FSCHD.

This spotbeam looks like it would work for you:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/thelist/database/Subscription/images/E14_SBB16.jpg

and it's on TPs 3 & 5, so that's a good sign, also. I don't know how many DMA's in that spot are lacking HD locals now, but it looks like two or more might get them with E*14.

Brad