2/17/2010 7:41pm - Uplink Activity Report - 163 changes

Dishnetwork tech was here, he wouldn't swap out my dish500 with a 1000.2 because his boss told him that 61.5 and 129 feeds were not compatible. I've had it with this company. EVeryone has their own "story" and no one knows the company's technology! Plus, they were three hours late, let alone the 4th day waiting for them!

But it hasn't been in HD up to now. How important could it be?

Besides, we were told that there wasn't room on 61.5 for even one new HD channel. Did they take something down to make room for this one?

I understand that Charlie will do what he wants to, this just gives the lie to the claim that Dish couldn't squeeze another HD channel onto 61.5, unless you try making the case that there was room for only one more channel and Charlie knew DNFYI was coming. Even he wouldn't be able to say that with a straight face.

Many retail locations just have 61.5 for HD.

There is always room for one more channel... Just depends on which other channels you want to cut the bit rate on... This is a prerecorded loop (except for the chats), it can be really compressed in advance.

When I called CSR last week over the 110/119/61.5 mess the rep told me they could repoint my wing dish to 129 for the new HD and keep the 110/119 for my sd receiver.

When I told her that it would cost me my HD locals (Philadelphia), which are currently on 61.5, she told me that they would be "moving them over" so I could again receive them.

I'm not saying that this is what the new activity is on 119, or that the rep wasn't confused. I'm just saying what she told me, so take it with a grain of salt.

I'm in philly area too, same situation.. Any way to get conf if/when this would happen?

....Praise Jesus! Dishnetwork tech was here early this morning! Installed a third dish outside to receive 129 and its good to go! Getting better coverage then my existing 61.5 dish! Took a week, 96 telephone calls, five days off from work, four on site techs, but its done. A simple five minute job.

....Praise Jesus! Dishnetwork tech was here early this morning! Installed a third dish outside to receive 129 and its good to go! Getting better coverage then my existing 61.5 dish! Took a week, 96 telephone calls, five days off from work, four on site techs, but its done. A simple five minute job.

I'm glad you finally got some satisfaction. But, why do you think it is necessary to post all of your travails in 5 different threads. One is really enough.....