2/2/2009 4:12pm Uplink Activity Report - 2 changes

D

DigiSAT Uplink Report

Original poster
SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - 2/2/2009 4:12pm - 2 changes

Uplink Comparison Range: 02/02/2009 03:37P - 02/02/2009 04:12P

Channel Additions:
206 - FOXB [MPEG2 SD] added to EchoStar11 110W TP 08 ConUS beam (NA)
206 - FOXB [MPEG4 SD] added to Echostar6 72.7W TP 11 ConUS beam (NA)

Channels in the system: 6511
(A) = Available to subscribers
(NA) = Not Available
(H) = Hidden from non-subscribers

Just because it's SD, doesn't mean that it won't be uplinked in HD. I would think that this is a good sign that an agreement was reached with Fox. And it wouldn't make any sense for such an agreement to not include the HD feeds.

Just because it's SD, doesn't mean that it won't be uplinked in HD. I would think that this is a good sign that an agreement was reached with Fox. And it wouldn't make any sense for such an agreement to not include the HD feeds.

With all the TMP HD channels, it could already be up there.

Perhaps with all the rumors bout what was coming in Feb, they wanted to throw us a hint.

Not that I care about this channel but...there went yet ANOTHER chance to add some value to the Platinum HD package.

Not that I care about this channel but...there went yet ANOTHER chance to add some value to the Platinum HD package.

Yep. It seems like they're going to have to add some channels to get people to pay $10/month for it.

Are you trying to say you would prefer they put HD channels on the top tier? That makes no sense to me.
My personal opinion is, I think Dish may end up restructuring the tiers. There's not much offered in Platinum right now and really not much incentive to sub to it. Yes, they could add all new HD to that, but if so, then they could be underpricing themselves then. I bet only a handful of people really know what's going to happen.