2.81 811 release. What are the new bugs?

I tried Foxbat's suggestion for BSOD...didnt work for me. Im having to reboot once or trice a day for BSOD.

This happens to me as well, only it's not very random. It happens mainly when going to TNT HD. Or when I'm watching TNT HD and I try to access the guide. It could be the HD stations in general but I usually start at TNT and work my way up to see what's on. That loop thing is a killer.

Oakenshld said:
5) "Guide data being downloaded" screen comes up and does its thing (randomly) and when it comes back, guide data is not populated....10 seconds later, "Guide data being downloaded" screen comes up again and it does this 'loop' several times. Only fix for me is to hard reboot and go through the "aquiring signal process"
Oak

you guys are gonna love this

The latest update has caused my 811 to interfere with my Pronto RF remote system in some way.

Since the new software (on the 15th) update for my HD811 the 811 seems to be outputting a signal that is interfering with my pronto pro ng 7000 rf reciever.

When 811 is powered down the problem goes away. Worked fine prior to the update. I have changed rf channels several time on the pronto rf reciever as well as the 811...does not help. Pronto has latest firmware update.

-bob

gramig said:
Once again, I'm getting a lot of 'information not available' in the guide requiring a reset of the 811. One of my OTA channels (PBS) causes the screen to blink in and out and the change screen format message box pops up and blinks in and out. With 2.80 the channel worked fine. I'm also getting picture freezing that requires a channel change to unfreeze it.
One of my OTA channels(CBS) also causes the screen to blink in and out with the change screen format message box poping up and blinking in and out. No
problem with 280. I fyou press the info button the screen will stabilize with
the info message box and the pic. is stable in the split PG screen. Push watch
TV and the problem comes right back. Only OTA channel I have this problem on. :( :(

Ed

exact same bug as citico and gramig on cbs and upn, both on digital channel 30, knoxville, tn. other 7 digital channel work fine.

citico said:
One of my OTA channels(CBS) also causes the screen to blink in and out with the change screen format message box poping up and blinking in and out. No
problem with 280. I fyou press the info button the screen will stabilize with
the info message box and the pic. is stable in the split PG screen. Push watch
TV and the problem comes right back. Only OTA channel I have this problem on. :( :(

Ed

Back in June my OTA 10-1 would not lock. After the July update, 10-1 (FOX) worked but the problem switched to 5-1 & 5-2 (CBS). Now with the 281 update the problem went away. Maybe to a different channel than I use, who know? What channel numbers were you having trouble with, just curious.

EPG has stopped working

I went ahead and took the upgrade last week and everything seemed to work fine. This week funny things have started showing up. The EPG sounded great but it looks like all they are doing is passing the Dish EPG not the info from the local stations PSIP.

The first thing was one night a timer fired correctly the next night it came on for about 5 minutes and then shutdown. I have found that if I do a reboot daily my timers seem to be fine.

Now, the big problem is I can no longer get the EPG to come up. When I hit the button for the EPS it starts downloading the guide data. I let it go the first 3 times but I started cancelling it after that. I even rebooted and it downloaded the EPS as usual but then when I hit the Guide button it started downloading again. I can NOT get the guide up on screen now. I have to go straight to the channel. After Enterprise is over I'll pull the power cable and reset. Its amazing how these things are so flakey. Maybe in 10 or 20 yrs this stuff will work like its supposed to.

Mike

mike1002 said:
I went ahead and took the upgrade last week and everything seemed to work fine. This week funny things have started showing up. The EPG sounded great but it looks like all they are doing is passing the Dish EPG not the info from the local stations PSIP.

The first thing was one night a timer fired correctly the next night it came on for about 5 minutes and then shutdown. I have found that if I do a reboot daily my timers seem to be fine.

Now, the big problem is I can no longer get the EPG to come up. When I hit the button for the EPS it starts downloading the guide data. I let it go the first 3 times but I started cancelling it after that. I even rebooted and it downloaded the EPS as usual but then when I hit the Guide button it started downloading again. I can NOT get the guide up on screen now. I have to go straight to the channel. After Enterprise is over I'll pull the power cable and reset. Its amazing how these things are so flakey. Maybe in 10 or 20 yrs this stuff will work like its supposed to.

Mike

Mike I have the same problem. I called "E" yesterday and they connected me with the next level tech support. They had me reboot again even though I told them I have done that already. It does restore the guide but the next day the problem is back again which I explained. The tech advised me to call back again the next day (Today) if I still had the problem, which I knew I would. Today, I called them back and talked again to the next level tech but this time she took all my numbers down and stated that she was going to report this to the engineering department; since this is the "first time" she has heard of this problem!

She stated that the last update could be generating some problems with some 811s. She was very pleasant to talk to and apologized for the problems I was experiencing. She advised me that I should call back in a week to see what recommendations engineering had.

By the way I do turn the 811 off every night.

I guess anyone having this problem should call in to "E", in hopes that they start to see a trend and do something for the next update.

EPG bug

Immeidtely after getting the software upgrade, the new OTA guide worked fine. THis past week, none of the guide information for every channel would be available further out than an hour. Resets, continued downloads, etc did not get the information on screen. But as the programs advanced,the program information would come up on the guide, but still no further out than about an hour.

ANyone experience this before?

EDIT>>> Just migrated to another thread on this forum where siilar problems are reported. sorry

THanks

I was having the same issue yesterday. Did the "switch test" a couple of times but it still was not updating more than an hour or two ahead. I have not checked it today.

ShadowEKU said:
Ive been getting a sudden drop in FPS... sounds weird i know but shows in hd start moving in slow-mo but the sound is still runnin fine.

I have been getting that one for a long time.

Things were more stable for me prior to 2.81, but since the update, its gone downhill. I've lost my program guide numerous times forcing me to re-boot. I've had blacked out screens with no video or audio, forcing me to re-boot. Sometimes the re-boot doesn't work, so I've had to unplug the unit to force a re-boot. Prior to 2.81, I rarely had to re-boot. It also seems like my OTA reception has gotten worse and I still get the acquiring signal/downloading program info occasionally. This thing is a POS. When are they going to get it right? My patience are nearing their end.

golson99 said:
This thing is a POS. When are they going to get it right? My patience are nearing their end.
There's a Tech Chat tonight, why don't you call in with some cheesey Charlie compliment to get past the screeners and then ask your question?

Ok I'm not really up to date with all this software upgrade crap but I have noticed inthe last week or two that now my program guide says no info on the majority of the channels so I never know whats on anymore unless I go to the bedroom turn on my 301 and look on that guide. Second I set up my OTA last week and to my suprise I picked up about 18 Digital channels but some of them went away said I had a signal strength of 49% which is weird but whatever so Sunday I was watching PBS HD then I went to another channel for a while then went in the guide and PBS HD was'nt there so I went and rescanned for the digital stations and only got 9 channels and PBS HD was'nt one of them, so what gives I always had very high signal strength on that channel not to mention I really liked that channel. So it seems this last software upgrade really screwed me I had no problems before that not even the dreaded BSOD. If i try to add channels singally will that get back my channels? Iceberg have you had these problems with the OTA I know you only live a little ways from me? :confused:

Since my install on Monday and its' longgg download of the software, my 811 has not shown a problem. There was a guide download today, but that was after I had the unit disconneced for about 2 hours while cleaning up wiring. My OTA is much better than it was with my DTC110 with D*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)