2-811 system problems

msarback

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Dec 16, 2003
Wisconsin
I have a customer who has 2 811's. It worked fine for about 2 months and then started to have problems. The problem is that one reciever will only pick up 1 satellite during a check switch (they have a 121 superdish, dp34).The other reciever was fine. We have replaced the reciever, replaced the cable from the switch, replaced the switch, the signal is fine on all transponders, voltage is fine, tried different grounds, and tried no ground. The odd thing is, is when we disconnect the sat. in cable from the good reciever the other one will pick up all three satellites, but when you hook it back up the bad unit will only get one again. any ideas?

Did you ever think the problem may be in your good 811. I did here from another retailer at a DTV meeting last week he was having a problem simular to yours with super 105 in Columbus. I am in Cleveland and we just the 500 most of the time.

msarback said:
The problem is that one reciever will only pick up 1 satellite during a check switch (they have a 121 superdish, dp34).The other reciever was fine.
I had the same problem (except I have a 522 and 811 and dish 500) and what cured it was to swop the feeds coming out of the dp34 switch. Why that worked I haven't a clue but it did.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)