2 cable companies in one area

jamieh1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 27, 2004
Greenville Washington New Bern, NC
Suddenlink is the cable company in my area. But another cable provider is currently running fiber in my area. TriCounty Communications is buring fiber now and said they will off a all digital cable service soon. They are offered in the neighboring towns. They are a telephone co op and a small cable company. They switched to a all digital cable service a few years ago. So now we will have Suddenlink and TriCounty.

www.gotricounty.biz

Last edited:
In my neighboring towns they also have two cable providers now (Suddenlink and CAS). CAS is a small cable company only in WV. They go to smaller rural communities where the larger cable companies will not go. They recently came to my community. They ran fiber wire but on poles to the nodes then cable gets fed out to the consumers homes. Both companies use DOSCIS 3.0 technology.

It's not like when first Cable first started, it's not unusual to have two Cable companies.

Its nice to have more choice, but Im for now a satellite customer. I do have Suddenlink for my internet provider. Cable has come a long way in the last few years. Suddenlink now has Tivo and a all digital line up.

I live in a suburb north of Detroit and we're lucky here. I have access to two cabelco's (Comcast and WOW!), and U-Verse in addition to Dish and Direct. Having a real choice is always good! :)

It's not like when first Cable first started, it's not unusual to have two Cable companies.

If you consider UVerse a cable company then we have two here in my town. I'm not aware of any in this area that have two "normal" cable franchises.

No cable here, but with the amount of fiber I see going in lately, I think Windstream has more up their sleeve than faster DSL.... ;)

Its nice to have more choice, but Im for now a satellite customer. I do have Suddenlink for my internet provider. Cable has come a long way in the last few years. Suddenlink now has Tivo and a all digital line up.

I'm a Dish customer but also have Suddenlink internet. I didn't like the TiVo experience however and decided to keep Dish and upgrade to the two hopper, three joey system. The TiVos only hold like 47 hours of HD programming and my receiver seemed to always be 80% full, I sometimes wasn't able to schedule anymore recordings because it would say that my HDD was full, etc. Really annoying and I sent them back. The only great thing about the TiVos is if you had more than one in your house then you could watch what was recorded with one TiVo on a TiVo in another room over your home network.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)