2-day Priorty mail is not a funny joke

Status
Please reply by conversation.
yipeee it's finally here as of 1:00 PM Tuesday September 8th, if only I hadn't rebuilt that little stone wall yesterday....

Reactions: FTA4PA
I thought I would share this. I subscribe to a specialty coffee service (once known as Tonx) based in Los Angeles. They recently changed their packaging to something a bit more secure, but for some reason it didn't arrive in the usual 2-3 days. Of course with Monday being Labor Day I wasn't expecting it when it usually comes, but when it didn't show up in yesterday's mail, it was time to check the tracking site.

I live 80 miles east of Chicago, so imagine my reaction to this:
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1441839268.377483.jpg

Hopefully I get it before the next batch ships in a week!

Another story but now its walmart.com and the FEDEX/USPS partnership. I ordered something two weeks ago from walmart.com. After 10 days I finally received shipping status that the package (3 pounds) was leaving Hagerstown, Maryland for central Pennsylvania. Keep in mind that PA and MD share a border and Hagerstown is about two hours away. It must be more efficient for FEDEX to deliver the package to my local post office by sending it though Norman, Oklahoma!!

Way to go people! And people want to know where we're going in a hand basket?

Sometime you just gotta scratch your head when you monitor tracking information. Especially frustrating when you pay extra for 2-day and it takes a week or longer before the item is even shipped. That's criminal!
waylew - Cheer up already! Even though almost 70% of US stocks are below their 200-Day moving-average, junk bonds are about to crash, and the dollar is toast, SatelliteGuys FTA is still up and running.

Except for my Amazon Prime, I usually specify "Standard Shipping" - which usually gives a time of 7-21 days. However, I almost always get the package in 4-7 days. Since I am usually not in a hurry, I don't pay extra for "Fast Shipping"....

This is posted here for those who might consider ordering equipment online that is delivered by the US Postal Service. On August 28 I ordered a STAB motor from an online dealer that I'd seen mentioned on line. By their online delivery map I am in the 3-day delivery zone so I should have had the package no later than September 2 which was ideal because I was off for the next 6 days.

Having not seen any status by September 1st, I asked for shipping or tracking status and received a tracking number a few hours later for 2-day priority mail. Oh well, it'll be here for the weekend....WRONG! See the attached. It's now September 5th and the mail carrier has already come and gone. So much for installing the motor during my time off. Tomorrow is Sunday, Monday is a federal holiday so the soonest I might get the package is Tuesday September 8th but then see the post office disclaimer on the attached.

On a side note, about 2 weeks ago my wife mailed a birthday card to Washington DC which is about 2.5 hours away. After 10 days she did a stop payment on the check and paid that fee the card b/c the card and check weren't received . She wrote another check, mailed it and it was received 2 days later, followed by the 1st check the next day!!

Great!!!!! All my expletives deleted.

I'm not surprised by this.

I ordered something on Cyber Monday on Amazon (thru third party) and had it on the doorstep on that Thursday via USPS Priority mail

UPDATE!! It's still going west...New Mexico and it was within 45 minutes of my address.

12/09/2015 - Wednesday
10:37 pm In transit
MORIARTY, NM

9:38 am In transit
NORMAN, OK

12/08/2015 - Tuesday
8:31 pm In transit
CLOVERDALE, IN

8:23 am Departed FedEx location
LEWISBERRY, PA

12:05 am Arrived at FedEx location
LEWISBERRY, PA

12/07/2015 - Monday
9:39 pm Departed FedEx location
HAGERSTOWN, MD

6:33 pm Arrived at FedEx location
HAGERSTOWN, MD

12/02/2015 - Wednesday
7:52 am Shipment information sent to FedEx

Not always the courier's fault. Ordered from an 'bay seller last Thursday. Friday got 'SHIPPED' email. Check the tracking# later in the day and all FEDEX got was the paperwork. Package didn't arrive at FEDEX until yesterday afternoon. Missed the truck coming this way. But did get on the 10am truck today.
I figure it's a 22 hr. drive from the shipper to local FEDEX facility, but their 'expected delivery' is 10 days from today. Yeah, I know it's going to be sorted a few more times on the way, but 10 days worth. WOW.
So on this one I'm calling FEDEX and the ebay seller the guilty parties.
Now I wish it was put in the mail last Friday via USPS. I know that would be quicker. Previous experience shows that's been a maximum of only 7 days to any other border, E, W or South, without it being Priority Mail. Would have probably gotten it today.
Not too long ago, ordered two separate orders on the same day. One shipped FEDEX and the other UPS from roughly the same distance and direction. Both arrived in 4 days. UPS in the am and FEDEX in the pm.

An irritation with many Ebay/private Amazon sellers is that they will print the postage, post the tracking to the site to protect their rating then sit on the order for 2,3 or 4 business days. Placed an order last week on Saturday from a seller 65 miles away. The shipping service received the package on Thursday. Arrived here on Friday..... ARRGGGHHH!!!! The sellers rating is not affected, because the package arrived withing the time frame, but I specifically ordered from a local seller to receive the item quickly.

Reactions: Jim S. and Mr Tony
An irritation with many Ebay/private Amazon sellers is that they will print the postage, post the tracking to the site to protect their rating then sit on the order for 2,3 or 4 business days. Placed an order last week on Saturday from a seller 65 miles away. The shipping service received the package on Thursday. Arrived here on Friday..... ARRGGGHHH!!!! The sellers rating is not affected, because the package arrived withing the time frame, but I specifically ordered from a local seller to receive the item quickly.
Yeah the bothers me too. Plenty of times I've ordered stuff and get a email "oh your item is shipped" but then 4 days later it finally is shipped out

I've had instances where I print postage, have the carrier pick it up, and it's not tracked for a few days, saying "label created" long after it's been picked up by my carrier at our studios. I wouldn't be so sure it isn't an inefficiency at the post office. My postmaster tried to charge a customer of mine a $26 postage due which was not correct, and he's also stirred other pots, including not wanting 103 priority packages in his post office from the Blue Star Mothers, who would be upping his mail count and money a HUGE amount in a single day. The whole system is mucked up now, Amazon delivers Sunday via USPS, Fedex hands OFF to USPS without us knowing, UPS does the same, and when it comes to tracking, an item can be "in town" for two days during the handoff, too! It's my opinion the delivery services are trying to cover their rears for two Christmases ago when the blizzard hit the midwest...and the contract from Amazon for Sunday delivery of packages was HUGE to the USPS.

Late last winter I ordered a couple of items from a business. At the time I was informed that they'd be shipped separately as they were being shipped from 2 different locations. That's fine with me. First parcel was delivered by UPS 3 days later. Second parcel seemed to never show up. Called the business 'what's up'? They emailed me UPS tracking. Checking it, says delivered, What? Checked it again, found 'Driver notes': "Left at back door". Sure enough, there it was, inside the back door tucked in a corner. WHAT? It's a 'bother' to take 20 extra steps?
Signnage now placed at back "Deliver to front ONLY".
BTW: the ONLY footprints in the snow to the back door were? Yup, you guessed it, from the UPS delivery.
I've also found UPS deliveries, not lately though, TO OTHER ADDRESSES at the same back door.

Another UPS misadventure: was at a business in town when the driver stopped to ask where's this address? I looked at label and said "That's Me". Then he pointed to an address 'correction label' placed on the package at a sort facility. I said "that's wrong, What's on the original label is correct. That 'corrected' address would be about mid river". Reply:"That's what I thought".

Something similar happened to me just recently. On Dec 1st, I Ordered some chain rings for my bicycle from a bike shop on eBay about 40 miles from my home. I expected the parts to arrive in a couple of days by USPS. Paid via PayPal and received almost instant confirmation that the payment had been made to the seller. Two days later, I get a message from the seller stating that my order was ‘on its way‘. Waiting… Waiting... Then on Dec 7th I get a message from the seller that they ‘just received payment’ and would ship my order ASAP. Order arrived yesterday Dec 9th. The chain rings fit! So, at least that was good. But, I paid a higher price than some more distant sellers because I figured the parts would get here quicker. Missed a great riding day today. (It took most of the day to get the crank arm off.) Now, the weather is deteriorating rapidly. Going to watch football this evening and do the wax-on/ wax-off thing on the bike while it‘s still disassembled.

EDIT: No football tonight? Then it's Shark Tank I guess.

Last edited:
Late last winter I ordered a couple of items from a business. At the time I was informed that they'd be shipped separately as they were being shipped from 2 different locations. That's fine with me. First parcel was delivered by UPS 3 days later. Second parcel seemed to never show up. Called the business 'what's up'? They emailed me UPS tracking. Checking it, says delivered, What? Checked it again, found 'Driver notes': "Left at back door". Sure enough, there it was, inside the back door tucked in a corner. WHAT? It's a 'bother' to take 20 extra steps?
Signnage now placed at back "Deliver to front ONLY".
BTW: the ONLY footprints in the snow to the back door were? Yup, you guessed it, from the UPS delivery.
I've also found UPS deliveries, not lately though, TO OTHER ADDRESSES at the same back door.

Another UPS misadventure: was at a business in town when the driver stopped to ask where's this address? I looked at label and said "That's Me". Then he pointed to an address 'correction label' placed on the package at a sort facility. I said "that's wrong, What's on the original label is correct. That 'corrected' address would be about mid river". Reply:"That's what I thought".

These happened at my Nevada location:

A frustrated UPS driver could not find my home address, so he left my package on the floor in the Post Office. Postmaster called me to come and get my UPS package.

Another time, I had ordered some IC's from Digikey. They never arrived and I totally forgot about the small order. (Guess I really didn't need the IC's.) About 6 months later, a woman shows up at my door with a weathered packet from Digikey. Said she found the packet under her front steps while cleaning. (The woman lived about 10 miles from my house.)

well I guess that package can say that

LOL....and it's not far from the truth. It's now in California. I called FEDEX and by the accent I'd say he was several time zones away. He couldn't explain or do anything except to tell me to call back tomorrow between 0800 and 1500 CST. What I got out of the conversation was that this happens all the time, they don't know why, and It seems it's standard practice for SmartPost to ship everything the opposite coast and then give it to the post office!!

When I commented that I expected my next status to be it's in Tokoyo, then New Delhi, London, and then customs at JFK who'll hold it for a month he said "no no that won't happen". It's just as likely as anything else since he couldn't tell me why the package arrived in the delivery state only to be sent to the west coast.

I asked for him to create a case file...cant' do that

Can you mark the record that I called?...can't do that

Can you do anything other than tell me to call back?..no sir. Well at least he got that right.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)