2 Devices on one connection.....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mikescharters

Original poster
Nov 9, 2011
Florida
Hey guys I need a little help. I have been taking my box out of the spare bed room and putting it in my RV on the living room TV and it works great. The problem here is when I added a second box on the outside of the RV to watch a ball game or race the box on the inside shuts down. At the house I'm using a 5lnb swim with Box model D12-100, In the RV I'm using a 3lnb 18x20 slimline with Box D12-100. Only using one RG6 cable on each. What do I need to do to make multiple box's work in my RV?

You have to run a separate cable to each tuner, you can't split the signal to two receivers because you don't have SWM..

Thanks for the help. Looks like I'm going to bite the bullet and just do the same setup that I have in the house. with a power brick.

If I switch the to SWM will I have to use a power brick on one of the boxes to power the SWM?
A few terms and set up details.

I you have a slimeline dish with an SWM (single wire multiswitch) LNB you run one (single) wire to a green stripe (approved dual power pass) splitter with a Power Inserter (PI).
A multiswitch is not the same thing as a splitter.
In SETUP you select the dish / switch array you are using for that receiver...if you change dish / switch system you change the selected dish / switch back to the appropriate equipment.
+
Verify that a D 12 is compatible with any SWM equipment...I think it has to be at least a D16 but check me on that one.

Joe

D12 is SWM compatible...my mom has one setup in a bedroom and has SWM setup

what is a D16? I know of a R16 (SD DVR) but not a D16

D12 is SWM compatible...my mom has one setup in a bedroom and has SWM setup

what is a D16? I know of a R16 (SD DVR) but not a D16

Like I say, going from memory....mind is like a steel trap! + This guy is swapping terms around and I am trying to figure out what he is actually doing.....no picture yet. If the D 12 is OK we are closer.

Joe

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts