RF remote for HR24

Status
Please reply by conversation.

the mack

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 10, 2009
HOCKEYTOWN
looking to use some sort of rf remote with a HR24.
what would be the best cheap solution....lol

It should have come with an rf remote. If you have a Directv remote, what's the model number?

RC65X is what I am seeing on the top left....the install has 2 h25's and 1 hr24...could one of the other remotes be RF?
not my stuff, trying to help a friend

Last edited:
ok I went to the advance remote program setting on the receiver and entered the number sequence (ridiculous procedure with all those numbers....lol) twice and still could not get it to work on rf....do I have the right remote?

Edit....seems I need the rc65rx remote...should it have come with the hr24?

Last edited:
The HR24 is supposed to come with an RF remote.. Check the other remotes to make sure they didn't get mixed up.. If there isn't a RC65RX in one of the other rooms, then the installer swapped it for a standard one and made off with it. If this is a new install I'd call Directv.

Chip & JerseyMatt,
Apparently D* has a new procedure where the remotes are no longer included with the IRD and what remote you get is up to the installer. From some of the threads I have read the installers are not supposed to offer RF remotes unless there is an indicated need or the customer requests it. (The old packaging that was in effect when I got my HR24s included the RF remote with the HR24. The IRDs and remotes are no longer bundled.)
Bob

Well that sucks. They used to package the rf remotes with the hd dvrs. I got my HR24 from Solid Signal, so that's probably why I got the rf remote with mine.

all of the equipment was shipped to him by a retailer, and all the remotes were packaged separately, so the above post must be the norm now?

I got one of the first HR34s and mine came with the IR remote packaged in the box - installer had nothing to do with it. I picked up the RF on Amazon for 11 bucks.

raoul5788 said:
Well that sucks. They used to package the rf remotes with the hd dvrs. I got my HR24 from Solid Signal, so that's probably why I got the rf remote with mine.

No receivers come with remotes in the boxes anymore. Techs are given color coded remotes(red, blue, and green). Red is RF, green and blue are just IR. Red and Green program themselves on HR34, HR24, H24, and H25. Blue is used for just about every "standard" install.

I am an LSP dealer and I can confirm that when I order these receivers from my distributor I have to request an RF remote in place of the IR remote that is automatically shipped. We keep a few RF remotes on the van in case they are needed, but otherwise use the IRs that are shipped.

ok I got 2 rf remotes that I want to operate the same receiver, but it seems I can only setup one or the other...got the second working the tv but cant seen to get both primary and secondary remotes to both be rf......sure I am missing something.....

ok I got 2 rf remotes that I want to operate the same receiver, but it seems I can only setup one or the other...got the second working the tv but cant seen to get both primary and secondary remotes to both be rf......sure I am missing something.....

I don't remember the procedure, but it's in the menu for remote setup.

the mack said:

Have both handy. Reset both to IR then switch them over to RF. You'll need to follow the steps on both at the same time. Once you do one thing on the screen do the other before advancing to the next screen. This is the easiest way of doing it

I don't think you can use 2 different remotes with one receiver. The menu only provides for programming one remote and AFAIK will only recognize one frequency.

Right, you can have as many RF remotes as you wish, once the receiver and first remote are in rf mode, put them aside, do the following to as many rf remotes as you own:

1. dtv, av1 or av2
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT, wait for two blinks, release
3. enter 0 0 0 0 1

4. press and hold MUTE & SELECT, wait for two blinks, release
5. enter 9 6 1
6. press CH UP
7. enter the last 6 digits of the Receiver ID #(RID), found on a sticker in the access card compartment
8. press SELECT

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)