2 dishes, 2 motors, 1 receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

pjcl

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 9, 2008
Earth
After doing some reading, it looks like there is no way to make a VBox7 / 8-footer combination work in the same receiver with a 90cm KU / HH motor. Now, would a coax input selector degrade the signal to the point of preventing it from operating the motors?

I do it with my GBox, no problem.

Signal goes through the GBox to a 4x1. DiSeqc 1.2 control C/Ku on my 8' on two ports.
On one port I have my Primestar and SG6000 motor moving with USALS. Yes, after the switch. I got tired of the DiSeqc signal moving this dish. It's been running this way for a year and hasn't burned up the switch.

My Azbox controls everything.

How?

Putney, is this what you're saying? (see pic)

Attachments

• diagram.jpg
    diagram.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 203
there are a few approaches to this actually. diseqc with a capable hh motor(one that works behind a diseqc switch, dg series or as stated above the sg6000). the ecoda 22 khz switch with the other hh motors. i see you use a coolsat 8000 hd. it only allows 31 diseqc 1.2 positions. if the sg6000 works behind a diseqc switch thats the better approach. the sg6000 doesnt appear to have a built in sat table so both dishes moving simultaneously shouldnt be an issue if the ecoda is used(if care is used not to program it and the vbox at the same time). from your picture what is the second cable from the BUD? Ku? if it is, id put the diseqc switch before the vbox and add a 22khz switch after it to switch BUD lnbs. keep in mind the current the hh motor is going to pull thru that 4x1. id use a better switch to avoid failures.

crackt out,.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)