2 free directv dvrs?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Actually you will get 1 free hddvr, and the ability to get 1 free hd box, or 1 free SD dvr. You could cross Ur fingers and hope for an r22 which would be free, and also hd, but thts just a chance.

If you only need two boxes, the deal you will most likely be offered is the first DVR free, and $99 for the second one. If you need more than that, I think it's the first DVR free, the first HD box free, then $149 for each additional DVR and $49 for each additional HD. But that's only if it's done at the time of the installation order. If you add them on later it's $199 per DVR and $99 per HD box, plus they reset your contract clock.

With DirecTv it pays to hang up and call again if you don't think you're getting a good deal. Different CSRs will often offer different deals and as a new subscriber, you have maximum leverage. As previously stated get all the equipment you anticipate you'll need upfront to avoid automatic contract extensions for later upgrades. Get Whole Home and Cinema Connection included with your package. I think you can get 1 HDDVR and 1 HD receiver for free; the second HDDVR will probably cost $99 but that's not a bad deal.

With DirecTv it pays to hang up and call again if you don't think you're getting a good deal. Different CSRs will often offer different deals and as a new subscriber, you have maximum leverage. As previously stated get all the equipment you anticipate you'll need upfront to avoid automatic contract extensions for later upgrades. Get Whole Home and Cinema Connection included with your package. I think you can get 1 HDDVR and 1 HD receiver for free; the second HDDVR will probably cost $99 but that's not a bad deal.

Why would you need a second dvr, if you get the whole house dvr? Wouldn't you just need one HDDVR and the rest of the boxes HD boxes?

Why would you need a second dvr, if you get the whole house dvr? Wouldn't you just need one HDDVR and the rest of the boxes HD boxes?

Yes if you can get away with 2 tuners. My wife and I have different tastes and record most shows that we watch so we have 2 HDDVRs and 1 HD box and I'm thinking about swapping the HD box for another HDDVR.

Also if your archiving new eppisodes of pawn stars, trucks, white collar, burn notice, adult swims line up, and the occasional on demand, or movie channel, having collective space of 3dvrs is nice too.

I have 2 DVRs, and I'm actually considering a third, because I'm still getting recording/viewing conflicts. MRV also doesn't give you DVR controls over the non-DVR TV's.

2 DVRs are great if you record alot of primetime shows that only run once on the broadcast networks. I can off load most of the recording duties to the bedroom dvr and leave atleast one tuner on the family room dvr free.

Ok...so the extra hd-dvr for 100 might be worth it? You only pay for one monthly dvr fee too?

Yeah the DVR fee is the same whether you have one DVR or five. And the lease fee for the extra DVR is the same as any other box ($6) - unlike Dish who charges $17 or $19 for each additional DVR.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)