2 games not on MLB EI today?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

smaug07

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 3, 2007
According to the schedule on Directv.com as well as the program guide and the sports schedule channel, two MLB games are not available today as part of the Extra Innings package, Arizona at Colorado at 3:10 and Seattle at Oakland at 4:05. Both of these games are part of MLB.TV and cable's InDemand. Is this true, and if so, what the hell is going on? We pay good money for this package and I want to know why these games are not part of it. There has been numerous screwups with this package over the years (I've had it since 2000) and we could not even get through opening weekend thi season without a problem. Anyone have any info on this matter?

3PM EDT update...I tuned in for the Arizona-Colorado game on their respective RSNs at 3PM and was told they were both blacked out. However, as of 3:05, both channels were in the clear and both feeds mysteriously showed up in the MLB EI package. No word yet on the Seattle-Oakland game at 4:05 EDT.

Not sure of MLB:EI has the same limited channel configuration on DirecTV as NHL Center Ice, but some nights there are so many games scheduled that DirecTV can't map all the NHL game feeds into the 7xx series channels. In those cases I've always been able to tune to the RSN directly to watch the games.

3PM EDT update...I tuned in for the Arizona-Colorado game on their respective RSNs at 3PM and was told they were both blacked out. However, as of 3:05, both channels were in the clear and both feeds mysteriously showed up in the MLB EI package. No word yet on the Seattle-Oakland game at 4:05 EDT.

Seattle and Oakland game is on 747 and 748. Arizona and Colorado game is on 745 and 746 but the game was postponed due to weather. Neither of these games were blacked out when they were supposed to start.

Not sure of MLB:EI has the same limited channel configuration on DirecTV as NHL Center Ice, but some nights there are so many games scheduled that DirecTV can't map all the NHL game feeds into the 7xx series channels. In those cases I've always been able to tune to the RSN directly to watch the games.

This should not be an issue, as there is plenty of room in the 700's if they need to have more, none of the NFL channels are being used at this time.
The MLB EI has always taken a set number of channels and that hasn't changed, they have channels set aside for each game, theres a set number of games every day, so it should not be an issue.

15 games is the MAX there will ever be, so they have 15 channels set aside plus they have a few other MLB channels as well, I don't see channels being available to be the issue here.

15 games is the MAX there will ever be, so they have 15 channels set aside plus they have a few other MLB channels as well, I don't see channels being available to be the issue here.
15 games is still 30 channels of coverage though -- each game has a home and away broadcast.

That's where the NHL Center Ice range runs into trouble is nights when it seems like over half of the league is in action.

The Diamondbacks-Rockies was "snowed(is that right?)" out. As long as you have MLB EI,you can also check the respective RSN's for games because they shouldn't be blacked out there.

15 games is still 30 channels of coverage though -- each game has a home and away broadcast.

That's where the NHL Center Ice range runs into trouble is nights when it seems like over half of the league is in action.

Good point, but they STILL have the correct number of channels assigned to cover a full days worth of games.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)