H24 KILLS HDMI PORT

Status
Please reply by conversation.

joefloyd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 28, 2008
nc
I had Direct installed 1/9/11. One of my TV's is a Vizio 47" LED. A couple of weeks after the installation, the HDMI #4 port that the H24 is connected to displayed "No Signal". I moved the HDMI cable to HDMI #1 and all was well. Nothing I connected to HDMI #4 would work. Always "No Signal". A few weeks later, the HDMI #1 started displaying "No Signal". I moved to HDMI #2 and it worked fine. However, I'm afraid to leave it connected for fear of eliminating all of my HDMI ports. I have a computer and an XBox connected to the 2 remaining ports anyway. Anyone know of a problem with any boxes damaging HDMI ports? Or, is this a Vizio problem. The TV is out of warranty, so I'll have to pay for repairs. If the H24 is causing the damage, Direct should have to pay for the repair IMO.

I have the same TV and I haven't had that problem. My TV is at least 3 years old. Maybe it isn't the hr24 causing the problem. Have you tried a different HDMI cable or the same cable on each port? Maybe the cable is defective and causing a short?

I replaced the cable the first time I had a problem hoping that was the problem. It wasn't until I moved the input to another that I realized the port wasn't working. I thought the box was defective until I moved it. I've had the computer and XBox connected since I've had the TV with no problems where they are connected.

Update --- After searching online I found a forum where someone had a similar problem. They were told to unplug the Vizio for and hour and then try again. I did this - actuallty left it unplugged a day and a half. When I plugged it back in, the not working HDMI ports were working again. I still don't know why they quit - was it the TV or the H24? - the other 2 ports have been no problem with the computer and XBox. Anyway, I'm no longer afraid to hook up the H24 to my TV. I have 2 other H24's hooked up to TV's, one of which is a 26" LED Vizio and haven't had any problems from them.

I had an identical problem with a computer connected to the HDMI on a Sanyo 47" tv. Leaving it unplugged over a weekend seemed to correct the problem and have not experienced it again.

Update --- After searching online I found a forum where someone had a similar problem. They were told to unplug the Vizio for and hour and then try again. I did this - actuallty left it unplugged a day and a half. When I plugged it back in, the not working HDMI ports were working again. I still don't know why they quit - was it the TV or the H24? - the other 2 ports have been no problem with the computer and XBox. Anyway, I'm no longer afraid to hook up the H24 to my TV. I have 2 other H24's hooked up to TV's, one of which is a 26" LED Vizio and haven't had any problems from them.

If the Vizio reset itself (sounds like thats what fixed it) then it would be a Vizio issue.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts