Slimline5 - HR-24 and no HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

kakisan

Original poster
Apr 2, 2011
CA
I tried to do a search on this topic but couldn't find anything definitive...sorry if this question is redundant.

Anyway I have a slimline5 dish (no swm) and an HR-24 receiver and I can't get HD....I run through the setup and and set it to 04: Slimline-5, 02:MultiSwitch and Tuners: Dual and the verification states no signal at 99 degrees and 103 degrees. If I Continue on I can't get any HD - does this receiver require a swm to get HD reception?

Appreciate the help....

Welcome to the Site !!!

No recvr REQUIRES SWM as of yet, unless the new H/HR25's do.

Q. Do you have your BBC's connected to the back of the recvr ?

Without them, you'll get no HD .

Thanks!! I have the HR-21 with the BBCs connected....are there different BBC types?

You need to get signals on 99 and 103 in order to get HD.
Please posts whatever signal strengths you can get.

So do you have the HR24 or HR21? Your posts are conflicting.
It doesn't really matter, just that both models need BBCs.

Sorry for the late response....was out of pocket yesterday. I have an HR-21...guess I mistyped it.

Anyway I reset the receiver and the HD started coming through...I narrowed part of the problem to my AVR not negotiating the correct resolution. I didn't go through the system setup to re-verify the 99 and 103 were coming in but based on the comments from above they must be coming in now. I figured if it's not broken....don't mess with it.

Thanks everyone for your posts.....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)