2 HD Sets

flabyboy

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 17, 2010
MN
So my old SD set bit the dust this week. Had to get a 42" HD set to replace it. Poor me. I currently have the Vip 722k. What are my best options for getting a second HD feed into my house? I'm sure I will need a separate HD receiver for my second set. Can I get one cheap anywhere so I don't have to pay Dish more monthly? Will I need an extra line fed from my satellite into my home? Kind of wondering what this going to cost me and what is the best way of going about it. Talking on the phone with Dish can be very frustrating.

Need different programs on both

So my old SD set bit the dust this week. Had to get a 42" HD set to replace it. Poor me. I currently have the Vip 722k. What are my best options for getting a second HD feed into my house? I'm sure I will need a separate HD receiver for my second set. Can I get one cheap anywhere so I don't have to pay Dish more monthly? Will I need an extra line fed from my satellite into my home? Kind of wondering what this going to cost me and what is the best way of going about it. Talking on the phone with Dish can be very frustrating.

Do you need to watch 2 different programs on the 2 sets at the same time? If not you can use component on 1 & HDMI on the other. You will still have to pay E* more per month for the 2nd HD DVR. You also could get a 211k for 2nd TV and add the ext HDD to make it into a HD DVR. Yes you would need another line from the dish for this. You can't share the recordings off it w/ the 722k though.

Definitely need to be able to watch a different show on each set at the same time. I'm married. I enjoy sports. The second set doesn't need the DVR necessarily

Definitely need to be able to watch a different show on each set at the same time. I'm married. I enjoy sports. The second set doesn't need the DVR necessarily

Then go with the 211k and you can watch either OTA or sat. It will need a new coax from the dish. Then later if you want a HDD for it you can add it.

Or, if you can wait, replacing the 722 with a 922 could work. The time frame for the adapter that will let it sling HD to TV2 was June, sothe timing might be just right for you.

Or, if you can wait, replacing the 722 with a 922 could work. The time frame for the adapter that will let it sling HD to TV2 was June, sothe timing might be just right for you.

I wondered about the 922. Its going to have the capability to give off 2 HD signals then? Will I still need to send more cable off the satellite if I went in this direction? I will most likely wait if this is the option I decide on. $500 to upgrade to 922 right now!! yikes

Do you have to commit to 1-2 years of programming to upgrade? I would also like to get a 2nd 722 but not sure if you have to commit to a contract? I am currently not under any contract.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)