Can't see locals... not even in guide

manueldr

Original poster
Jun 12, 2010
Mexico
I hope someone can tell me why this happens.

I live outside the spotbeam area for my local channels (tucson, az) but I have always received them. I have had some problems losing signal of those channels sometimes but nothing more.

A couple of months ago I suspended my service and this morning I called to reactivate but after a few hours my local channels don't appear on the programming guide.

Is it because of the weather? now temperature is considerably higher than las time I received them.

I hace three antennas... one for every satellite.

Thank you for your attention!!

Perhaps the spotbeam is too tight right now for you to see the signal. Do a 6, 1, 1 and go to 119 transponders 4 and 5 and tell us if you get a signal. Transponder 4 has your SD locals and 5 has the HD locals.

Right now on Satellite 119 transponder 5 I get signal ranging from 22 to 25 and on transponder 4 it's ranging from 48 to 52...

Not in Mexico City... Hermosillo, Sonora 250 kms south from the border

regardless of location in Mexico, Dish put up a new satellite at 119 and they tightened the beams to be mainly the US..

you can try a bigger dish but all I'm saying is Dish put up a new satellite and tightened the beam. So unless you're in the US (which you already said you weren't) you can try spending money to get a signal with a different size dish but ya cant guarantee anything

The link I posted above has lots of info on it

spotbeam

When you are tuned to 4 & 5 does it say above ch number that it is a spotbeam? If it doesn't change from Transponder to Spotbeam then you are not getting it no matter what signal strength it show.

one more question iceberg...

so, if signal improves at night (that usually happens because of temperature lowering) the channels would just appear on my guide ?? is there anything I should do to make them appear ??

thank very much for all your time and help man!!

is there something I can do to make my receiver download the guide again and maybe update the channel list or something ??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts