2 HDTVs, 1 722?

Hikerdave

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
I know that the 622/722 can do a second room at standard def but what if I hook one TV to the HDMI and one to the component out? Does the 622/722 output on both outputs at the same time or does it turn off one when the other is used? I know that I would be limited to watching the same program on both TVs if it did work.

Thank you for your help. Coming back to Satellite after 3 years.

I know that the 622/722 can do a second room at standard def but what if I hook one TV to the HDMI and one to the component out? Does the 622/722 output on both outputs at the same time or does it turn off one when the other is used? I know that I would be limited to watching the same program on both TVs if it did work.

Thank you for your help. Coming back to Satellite after 3 years.
Yes, they will output at the same time.

It will have to be a 211 because on any one transaction you cannot have more than 3 tuners.

Last edited:
It will have to be a 211 because on any one transaction you cannot have more than 3 tuners.

Not to hijack, and certainly not to call you out, but what does that mean? When I signed up a got a ViP622 and a DVR-625. Isn't that 4 tuners?

I'm just wondering how I got away with that?

Not to hijack, and certainly not to call you out, but what does that mean? When I signed up a got a ViP622 and a DVR-625. Isn't that 4 tuners?

I'm just wondering how I got away with that?

Back up, Back up. Dual tuner receivers count as one receiver. You are allowed 4 LEASED receivers, limit of 2- 622/722 (officially, but others have gotten more).

Back up, Back up. Dual tuner receivers count as one receiver. You are allowed 4 LEASED receivers, limit of 2- 622/722 (officially, but others have gotten more).

Thanks, I guess the "Tuner" termanalogy confused me in this situation where tuner = receiver not the actual tuners.

Just trying to understand completely.

And I was told that I wasn't allowed to get more than more 622. I have an HD tv upstairs but had to choose between HD or DVR, so I got the DVR-625.

Thanks, I guess the "Tuner" termanalogy confused me in this situation where tuner = receiver not the actual tuners.

Just trying to understand completely.

And I was told that I wasn't allowed to get more than more 622. I have an HD tv upstairs but had to choose between HD or DVR, so I got the DVR-625.
The rule is no more than one 622 at a time. After a year, you will qualify to DIU to another one. However, some long standing, dependable bill paying customers have been able to get one sooner. The Rules have been broken, but it just depends. If things go according to plan (big IF) the 211 will become a DVR with external Hard Drive support in December. BTW, why would you get a SD receiver for an HDTV? Kind of defeats the purpose!

BTW, why would you get a SD receiver for an HDTV? Kind of defeats the purpose!

As I said, when I signed up I had to chose between a ViP211 OR a DVR-625. DVR is more important to me than HD on our bedroom TV, which is only 27".
They would not let me get 2 622's.

Plus I have an OTA tuner for that TV, so if I really want to watch HD up there I can.

The 51" in the living room is where we have the 622. :)

So if the external hard drive support for the ViP211 comes around can I swap my 625 for one? Or do I have to wait a year? I think I would prefer a 211 with an external drive to a 622 anyway!

I just thought of something else.

Bear with me here.

My parents have Dish Network and have had it for over two years. They got b/c my stepdad wanted the Horse Racing Channel. My mom hated it, dealt with it for a year, and then for several reasons, the least of which was no DSL availability in their neighborhood, they went back to cable to get high speed, but kept the Dish and went down to the lowest package that kept the HRC. So all they use the dish for is the HRC.

Here is my point/question - they have a DVR-625 (or maybe 525) that they use on 1 TV and a 301 (which is sitting in a box). Can they "dishin' it up" their 625 to a ViP622 and give it to me? Then I could give them my 625?

Or is that just totally crazy?

Here is my point/question - they have a DVR-625 (or maybe 525) that they use on 1 TV and a 301 (which is sitting in a box). Can they "dishin' it up" their 625 to a ViP622 and give it to me? Then I could give them my 625?
No. A leased receiver is confined to one account.

Where the receivers reside is up to you and them. If you are in the same city, who's to know? However, they will get the bill for the 622.

Oh Ok.

No, I live in Philly and they live about 40 miles away in Jersey. I guess I am just waiting a year.

Unless you think Dish would let me swap the 625 for the 221 if the USB is enabled anytime soon.

Oh Ok.

No, I live in Philly and they live about 40 miles away in Jersey. I guess I am just waiting a year.

Unless you think Dish would let me swap the 625 for the 221 if the USB is enabled anytime soon.

By the time you are eligible, you wil probably have both options. The soonest the External drive feature was supposed to be available for the 211 was December/January. I wouldn't count on it yet. I guess it depends on how the feature works for the 622/722 and any bugs that need to be corrected.

It seems to be working so far. Time to add some functionality to it!

By the time you are eligible, you wil probably have both options. The soonest the External drive feature was supposed to be available for the 211 was December/January. I wouldn't count on it yet. I guess it depends on how the feature works for the 622/722 and any bugs that need to be corrected.

It seems to be working so far. Time to add some functionality to it!

Thanks for info, makes sense to me. Maybe by then I will find a need to have the 722 and get that but I just don't see myself ordering PPV. But the idea of having a 211 + an external appeals to me more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)