Issues on TV2 after moving receiver

kp420wv

Original poster
Aug 17, 2007
Howdy

I decided to move my Dish322 receiver to a different room, and I switched up all the cables at the splitter. TV1 works fine but I have an extremely unwatchable fuzzy picture on TV2. I have tried everything from different cables going from the splitter directly to TV2, bypassing the in-house cables, to using the accentuator (sp?), to changing darn near every cable I have in every configuration i can imagine. Currently I have a cable running directly from the splitter to the receiver and another from the splitter to TV2.. and the fuzzyness on 2 continues. This is the same setup as my other DVR receiver so I'm about to throw in the towel.

Everything worked fine on TV2 until I moved the receiver. Is there something I forgot to do? Do I have to admit defeat and get a tech? Any help/suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
KP

Make sure your inputs are correct. TV2 can be output to different channels on the air or cable side. Usually its on 60 air or 73 cable. Check to see what tv2 is set to in the system menu and then make sure the tv is set on the correct tuner. If this is set correctly you may have a diplexor connected backwards. The TV2 output from the back of the receiver must go into the vhf/uhf port on the diplexor.

Last edited:
I also thought that was a possibility, but when I switch the cables all i get is the Locating Sat screen that endlessly shuffles through transponders.

To be specific I have the cable from the SAT itself going into the In/Out of the diplexor (ty for the actual term, i had no clue :)) The cable to the receiver in the SAT slot and the cable for TV2 coming out of the UHF slot. It is the same way my other receiver is hooked up so I assume it is correct, but wouldn't be shocked if it is not, I am just trying to replicate what I see on the other which was done on the initial install. When it was first put in over a year ago we had just moved in and only had the two TVs with the two receivers actually hooked up and then I did the third attached to the first receiver and the fourth attached to the second receiver myself. Now that the game room is finally complete I moved the second receiver and TV down there and TV 4 is now not happy.

Whew hope that made some kind of sense. Again thanks,

KP

You must install the diplexors in pairs for this to work. these are not splitters.

Here is a simple description how the receiver would be hooked up. Note each receiver would been done in this matter, so this system would be done twice for a 2 receiver household

From the LNB on the dish itself the cable runs to the sat port on the diplexor. ON the same diplexor the VHF/UHF port would run to your tv2( the tv were the box is not). Then the wire from the in/out port (The single wire usually through the wall) goes to the in/out port on the 2nd diplexor. From there the VHF/UHF port on diplexor 2 goes to the tv2 output of the 322. From the sat port of diplexor 2 goes to the DPP seperator which splits to the 2 inputs of the 322. If you are getting no signal strengths then your sat feed is disconnected.

Hope this helps.

You must install the diplexors in pairs for this to work. these are not splitters.

Here is a simple description how the receiver would be hooked up. Note each receiver would been done in this matter, so this system would be done twice for a 2 receiver household

From the LNB on the dish itself the cable runs to the sat port on the diplexor. ON the same diplexor the VHF/UHF port would run to your tv2( the tv were the box is not). Then the wire from the in/out port (The single wire usually through the wall) goes to the in/out port on the 2nd diplexor. From there the VHF/UHF port on diplexor 2 goes to the tv2 output of the 322. From the sat port of diplexor 2 goes to the DPP seperator which splits to the 2 inputs of the 322. If you are getting no signal strengths then your sat feed is disconnected.

Hope this helps.

Woohoo that was the perfect explanation I needed, all is now well. thank you, thank you, thank you. I'm still mystified how my other TVs work with all the cables in the wrong places, and why the installers put the SAT cable in the In/Out instead of SAT on the diplexor, but all works now so whatever.

Thanks Again,

KP

diplexors will sometimes work when connected improperly, but often will be very fuzzy as in your case. Glad to hear you got it figured out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)