2 HDTVs... should i augment my 722k with 211k or Hopper/Joey or something else

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jk_indy

Original poster
Jul 26, 2013
indianapolis
2 HDTVs... should i augment my 722k with 211k or Hopper/Joey or something else.

Which option is the least expensive. I heard there is a promo for Hoppper/Joey but not sure if that covers installation cost.

?Anybody have any breakdown?

You can't have a 722k and Hopper/Joey on the same account.

It has to be All hoppers and Joeys and dish will allow a 211k only.

The hopper system will give you HD on all of your TV's(Add a Joey for each extra TV). Joeys also have composite RCA outputs in case you still have an old SD TV.

Also you are a current customer, PM DIRT members as they will get you the best deal depending on your account status. If you are out of contract and are in good standing you may be able to get free equipment by signing another 2 year contract.

Which option is the least expensive. I heard there is a promo for Hoppper/Joey but not sure if that covers installation cost.

How many total TVs do you have? I am assuming you have 2 TVs, both HD. If that is the case, here are the options:

1. Existing 722k, no extra fees, 1 HD, 1 SD

2. Existing 722k and an extra 211k at the second TV. Use the 722 for just one TV. Both TVs will be HD. That would be $7 extra per month

3. Existing 722k for one TV, and a 612 at TV2. That gets DVR at both TVs, and HD at both TVs. That's $10 extra per month.

4. Hopper/Joey. Gets DVR and HD at both TVs. Extra costs are DVR fee goes from $7 to $12 (+$5), and the Joey has a $7 per month extra fee, total extra is $12 per month. Advantage over option 3 is ability to share everywhere, and a lot more DVR storage space.

Also, if you get a 211 for the second TV, that can be made into a DVR with an external hard drive, and a one-time $40 fee.

(edit for installation fees)

Install fees depend on account status. There may be a lease upgrade fee to move to a Hopper or a Hopper/Sling. Actual tech fees are $95 if you do not have the Protection Plan, or $15 (or zero) if you do have the Protection Plan.

Your present configuration is the least expensive option. If you want to be able to share DVR content between the two TV's...and have a lot more fun, then get a Hopper and one Joey. Should cost about $5 more a month than what you are paying now. Contact DIRT to find out what, if anything, it would cost you to upgrade.

Your present configuration is the least expensive option. If you want to be able to share DVR content between the two TV's...and have a lot more fun, then get a Hopper and one Joey. Should cost about $5 more a month than what you are paying now. Contact DIRT to find out what, if anything, it would cost you to upgrade.

$12/Mo. you missed the additional receiver fee he doesn't have now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts