2 Hoppers w/ Sling?

Genetikx

Original poster
Oct 30, 2013
Chicago
Greetings,

After being with Dish for 7 years, I had to use another provider since mid-2012...I'll spare you the details.

Anyhow, I've signed back up with Dish and installation is imminent. Things have changed since I've been with Dish so I have a question. I went with a double hop + joejoe system. Looking at the fine print, I was signed up for one HWS, one w/o Sling + the Joseph. I'm wondering what your thoughts are on having a hop w/ no sling in this day and age. I hear the performance of the box was better with the sling but perhaps the non sling has caught up? I won't put up with an inferior box or lack of key features -- Just hard to determine what I'd really be missing out on.

Should I make the effort to get 2 HWS or keep it as-is having one without sling? Worth noting I am paying the additional $99 to have the second hip-hopper.

It is my understanding that ONLY HWS are being installed.

DO NOT accept the old Hopper. If you have a 2H/2J you should certainly have the current system.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I changed out one Joey for a second Hopper. I had to pay $99 plus a $15 service fee. I asked for the HWS but the they wanted $200 more. I decided to get the old Hopper and bought the $50 sling adapter. So far the old Hopper is just as fast as the HWS.

It should be cheaper up front to get 1 HWS and 1 regular Hopper. Last time I checked it was a $199 fee for a 2nd HWS and $99 for a regular Hopper.

It is my understanding that ONLY HWS are being installed.

DO NOT accept the old Hopper. If you have a 2H/2J you should certainly have the current system.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

We still Install original Hoppers, usually as the second Hopper. On a single Hopper new connect, it's pretty much only HWS.

I am not positive, but I think it's an extra $100 more for a HWS over a Hopper2k as the second Hopper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)